I LOVE Oreo Cookies so when I came across this awesome and super simple recipe for Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes, I knew I had to share them!
You can click below for the full video on how to make these adorably delicious cheesecake treats via my YouTube channel MyCupcakeAddiction if you want to see this recipe in action, otherwise read on to grab the printable recipe and method.
OREO CHEESECAKE RECIPE:
- 600ml / 1lb 3oz Whipping cream (35%-40% milk fat is ideal) + 200ml kept separate for decorating
- 500g / 1lb cream cheese, softened
- a pinch of salt
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tsp vanilla sugar
- 135g / 4 3/4oz Caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 packets Oreo cookies
- 1 packet mini Oreo cookies
- Semi whip your 600ml cream so it is just softly whipped and still falls off a spoon - do not over whip. Move to a separate bowl.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon juice and salt and beat till they are fully combined and light and fluffy (approx 2 minutes)
- Add your semi-whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and beat to combine (approx 10 seconds) do not over whip
- Crush 2 packets of your Oreo cookies to resemble chunky crumbs – set aside approx 1/4 of the crushed Oreos for decorating
- Add the remaining 3/4 of Oreos to the cream cheese mixture and use a large spoon to hand mix the Oreos through
- Line a 12 hole muffin / cupcake tray with cupcake liners and place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the centre of each cupcake case.
- Fill the cupcake cases with the Oreo mixture and tap the tray on the bench to force the mix down around the edges of your Oreo bases. These will sink a little in the middle so make them a little fuller in the middle of each cupcake.
- I used a knife to smooth the mixture out towards the edges of the cupcake case so they get the crinkled cupcake edges.
- Freeze your cheesecakes approx 2-3 hours
- Remove frozen cheesecakes and roll the outside edges in the remaining crushed Oreos.
- Fully whip your remaining cream and use a piping bag and star piping tip to pipe a high swirl of cream onto each cheesecake
- Top with mini Oreos and your cheesecakes are complete!
Store your completed cheesecakes in the fridge right up until serving. They also freeze beautifully and can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months.