Raspberry cheesecake must be one of the things that make this dessert world go round (besides chocolate of course). For today’s recipe, I’m bringing together an infamous pair together for a delicious treat: Raspberry and White Chocolate Dessert Cheesecakes!
The use of the gelatin is pretty important for this cheesecake. It you do not eat gelatin for health, ethical, moral, or ANY reason, you CAN leave it out of the recipe. I will warn you, though, that it will not be the same. The consistency is noticeably different. The taste WILL be delicious though! Happy baking !!!
What You’ll Need:
- 10 white cookies (graham crackers, shortbread etc) crushed
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 24 ounces of raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
White Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 1 sheet of unflavored gelatine OR 1 tbsp gelatine powder
- 1 tsp vanilla (extract or essence)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup water (this is to soak the gelatine sheet in OR to mix the gelatine powder with 5 mites prior to using)
- 1 x 8 ounce brick of cream cheese, softened
- 150g (5.5oz) white chocolate melts, melted
- To garnish: fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves
- Dessert containers/jars/glasses
- Wooden spoon
- Electric hand mixer
- Parchment paper http://amzn.to/2c8xw2A
- Snap seal bags http://amzn.to/2eFDEk9
- Saucepan http://amzn.to/2fMV4uj
- Place raspberries, sugar, and water into a saucepan. Let them cook over medium heat.
- Pour melted butter over crushed white cookies. Stir through to make a base.
- Spoon in 2 teaspoons into each dessert containers. Use the end of a flat surface (I used a fondant rolling pin), and press the base down so that it’s compact.
- Once the raspberries are at a boil, reduce the heat down to a simmer. They should reduce to about half of what they initially were.
- Once reduced pour them through a strainer. Use a wooden spoon to push the raspberry mixture through the strainer. Let cool.
- Dollop about 8 teaspoons of white chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper. Using the back of a spoon, spread the white chocolate out to make a feathering effect. Place that piece of parchment paper in a forming mold or a paper towel roll cut in half. Let these set either in the fridge or at room temperature.
- Use an electric hand mixer on medium speed to semi whip your cream. Transfer to the fridge.
- Use an electric hand mixer to beat cream cheese on a medium speed. Add vanilla essence, and white chocolate . Then, add in condensed milk. After about 2 minutes of mixing, it should be a smooth consistency.
- Have a saucepan of boiling water at the read. Soak leaves of gelatin in cold water. Then, place the bowl of gelatin over the saucepan of boiling water to double boil until it’s completely melted.
- Spoon in 1-2 tablespoons of cheesecake mixture and stir it into the gelatin vigorously. Pour the gelatin and cheesecake mix back into the cheesecake mixture. Combine well.
- Quickly add in the semi whipped cream. Use a spatula to fold in the cream.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into a snap seal bag. Use a pair of scissors to cut a generous tip from the corner.
- Pipe in cheesecake into the dessert containers. Leave about a centimeter or so from the rim of the container.
- Spoon in 2 teaspoons of raspberry coulis to the to of the cheesecakes.
- Add white chocolate curl, fresh mint leaves, and fresh raspberries to garnish.
Look at these decedent desserts! YUMMM! 😋
-For the printable recipe click here: