I’ve been standing by the edge of the water… Okay…don’t act like you don’t know all the lyrics to How Far I’ll Go from Moana. I’m still a committed Little Mermaid fan (did you see my Little Mermaid Cupcakes?), but I’ve been singing the Moana soundtrack since the movie came out. In honour of the Polynesian heroine, I’m going to be showing you guys how to make Moana Cupcakes! You should totally make this with my Moana Cake for a themed party.
For this recipe, you’re going to need my chocolate cupcakes. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also need my buttercream frosting coloured light blue and light brown. If Moana isn’t your thing, you could even remove the templates, and still have a tropical themed party! Templates or not, the cupcakes will be delicious!
1. Spread light brown buttercream on cupcakes.
2. Roll the top of the frosting in crushed graham crackers.
3. Remove a quarter of the frosting on the side.
4. Place blue frosting into a snap seal bag. Then, cut off a fine corner tip. Then, pipe blue frosting onto the side of the side of the cupcake where the frosting was scraped away. Pipe in squiggles to resemble the ocean.
5. Use a brown edible marker to draw a swirl onto a mini green M&M. This will be the Heart of Te Fiti. Place it on the cupcake.
6. Place some green melts in a snap seal bag. Cut off the corner tip.
7. Dip the pretzel rod into the candy melts, and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Pipe a palm tree shape on top of it. Sprinkle some long green sprinkles before it sets.
8. Stick the palm tree on the side of the cupcake and pace the template right next to it. (Snap off the pretzel if necessary).
Who’s your fave Moana character?!
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2u1fQSQ
What You’ll Need:
- Cupcakes to Frost
- Buttercream Frosting (coloured light blue and light brown)
- Mini M&M’s
- Green Sprinkles
- 12 Large Pretzel Sticks
Crushed Graham Crackers/White Cookies
- 5.25oz/150g Green Candy Melts
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips