I love making character cake pops. It literally takes a character and puts them in mini cake form. What’s not to love? For today’s recipe, I’m going to show you how to make Jake the Dog and Finn the Human cake pops from the show Adventure Time! If you aren’t too busy, “makin bacon pancakes,” you also gotta try my Mad Hatter Cake Pops!
For this recipe, you’re gonna need my cake pop dough recipe. You can find that recipe here. When you’re working with cake pops, sometimes the cake pop balls can crack. Use a toothpick to fill them with candy melts and you won’t even notice!
- Take your cake pop ball and roll it into the shape of Jake’s head. The shape of his head is somewhat egg like.
- Make Finn’s head oval shaped as well, but make the top of his head slightly wider than the bottom.
- Transfer both cake pops into the fridge to set.
- Stick a lollipop stick into melted yellow candy melts. Stick it through the bottom about ⅔ of the way through the cake pop. Stick a paper straw over the lollipop stick.
- Repeat with Finn with melted white chocolate. Stick it through his chin up into the cake pop. Place a decorative straw over the lollipop stick.
- Dip Tic Tacs in white chocolate, and stick them to the top of Finn’s head.
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto your bench. Place some of your yellow candy melts and flesh coloured candy melts into their own snap seal bags. Cut off fine corner tips from each bag. Pipe the details of Jake’s snout and Finn’s face onto the parchment paper. Use a photo to reference. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Dip the Finn cake pop into the malted white chocolate. Tap your wrist to let excess white chocolate drip off into the cup. Place the flat side of the flesh coloured candy melt and place it facing up onto the cake pop. Place him onto your polystyrene to set.
- Repeat the same process with Jake in yellow candy melts. Place Jake’s snout on his face. Set on the polystyrene to set.
- Use a toothpick with black candy melts to draw details onto Jake’s face. Place a pareil onto Jake’s eye.
- Use a toothpick with black and white candy melts to draw on the details of Finn’s face.
- Cut the straws so that they are even with the lollipop sticks.
🎶Making cake pops, making some cute cake pops! 🎶
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2iibZeo
What You’ll Need:
- Cake pop dough
- Melted white chocolate / candy melts
- Melted yellow chocolate / candy melts
- Melted beige / skin tone chocolate / candy melts
- Melted black candy melts
- White non pareils
- White tic tacs
- White large sequins or confetti sprinkles
- Polystyrene block or cake pop stand
- Paper straws (optional)
- Lollipop sticks
- Parchment paper
- Snap Seal Bags
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips