MALEFICENT COOKIES & CREAM CHEESECAKE
You guys know I love a NO-BAKE recipe and cookies and cream pretty much anything is amaze. This super delicious but not-too-hard no bake cheesecake recipe is seriously so fluffy and balanced and delicious you HAVE to try it at least once.
Prep Time: 30mins
Chill Time: 1 hour
Tin Size: 9”w x 2.5”h
- 500g softened cream cheese
- 1tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 250g white chocolate
- 300ml whipping cream
- 600g dark chocolate cookies
- 100g butter
- Food colouring – purple & green
Wash your hands!
MAKING THE BASE:
- Set aside 10 whole cookies.
- Finely crush remaining cookies & set aside ½ cup of dry crushed cookies for later
- Melt butter and pour over crushed cookies, mixing until it resembles wet sand and clumps together when squeezed
- Press into a non-stick removable base fluted tart tin (or similar). Ensure cookie mixture thickness is even and reaches the sides and tops of your tart tin. Compact firmly
- Roughly break the 10 whole cookies, press them gently into the base & refrigerate
MAKING THE MIX:
- Pour ½ of the cream (150ml) over the white chocolate and microwave 1 minute
- Stir until smooth, microwaving an additional 30 seconds if necessary
- Combine vanilla & cream cheese. Add white chocolate mixture and beat using an electric mixer until smooth
- Divide mixture into 2 bowls. Colour one bowl of mixture green and one bowl of misture purple (TIP – gel based colours are the most vibrant)
- Semi whip remaining cream and divide evenly between the green and purple mixtures, folding through gently (Note – be careful not to overwhip your cream)
This decoration technique I’ve decided to call Reverse Cookie Crumb Stencilling (RCCS – lol) – it’s so versatile and you can use it with any template, any name, any shape and any colour combo.
BRINGING IT TOGETHER:
- Dollop scoops of purple and green mixture haphazardly inside the chilled base and smooth the top using a spatula. Set a little of each colour aside for finishing touches
- Once smooth, use a skewer or chopstick to marble the mixture using a figure 8 pattern
- Add a little extra coloured mixture anywhere you feel you need it, and marble the surface gently
- Freeze approx. 1 hour
- While you’re waiting, print this maleficent template on non toxic cardstock and cut around the silouhette
- When the cheesecake is firm to touch, place the template gently on top and press down the edges and corners to ensure a snug fit
- Use the remaining crushed dry cookies to sprinkle over the cheesecake, spreading them away from the template so they stick only to the exposed cheesecake.
- Use a pastry brush to remove excess crumbs from the template, prise the corners up with a skewer or knife and once all corners are free, remove your template
- Be amazed