I know I’ve probably said this many times now, but I’ll say it again… Out of all the Disney princesses, Ariel is my favourite! I seriously love The Little Mermaid. I know the words to every song, and could probably quote most of the movie. My boys say that mermaids aren’t real because they’re “too small,” (still trying to understand what that means, myself…refer to the video below), but I’ll always believe! So for today’s recipe I’m going to be showing you how to make Little Mermaid Ariel Cupcakes! If you love mermaids check out my Mermaid Tail Cake, or my niece’s Mermaid Tail Pinata Cupcakes here.
For this recipe, you’ll need my classic chocolate cupcake recipe. Remember that one Little Mermaid cupcake is actually 2 cupcakes (1 for the rock, 1 for the cupcake base). If you want to make more cupcakes, adjust your batches accordingly.
1. Remove the cupcake liners from 6 of your cupcakes. Use a serrated edge knife to carve to look like rocks (leave top flat).
2. Place gray frosting in the microwave for 20 seconds until melted. Drizzle on the rock cupcakes over a cooling rack with a baking sheet underneath. Let it set.
3. Place blue frosting into a piping bag with an open piping tip. Pipe a circle onto the other 6 cupcakes leaving a well in the middle.
4. Slide an offset spatula under the rock cupcakes, and carefully place them on top of the blue frosting.
5. Place blue frosting in a snap seal bag. Pipe fine squiggles up the side of the rock, and use a cupcake to blend the frosting.
6. Print Little Mermaid templates onto card stock and attach them to a toothpick with a piece of tape. Place the Ariel template on top of the rock, leaving a bit of her bottom on the side sticking out.
7. Mix green and blue frosting together, and place in the snap seal bag.
8. Draw the v-shape of the tail and press a little bit of the green sanding sugar to flatten and smoothen it out.
9. Pipe fishtail and use a toothpick to draw the lines and details.
10. Place Flounder and Sebastian templates on the cupcake, as well.
11. Serve, and enjoy! Remove template before eating.
You need to make these cupcakes “Part of Your World!” 🌊
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2uTC7xV
What You’ll Need:
- 12 Cupcakes
- 2 Batches of Buttercream Frosting (coloured blue, green, and gray)
- Green Sanding Sugar
- Template 1
- Template 2
- Snap Seal Bag
- Piping Bag
- Open Piping Tip
- Serrated Edge Knife
- Baking Sheet
- Wire Cooling Rack
- Offset Spatula
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips