So my boys have birthdays back to back, but that doesn’t mean they just get one cake to share! Not in the My Cupcake Addiction house! A few weeks ago, I showed you guys how to make a Good Dinosaur Cake that I made for Ollie, but this week we’re going to be showing you how to make a Giant Hostess Cupcake for Jakey. I say we because today I had help from Ollie on this recipe! For more Squish videos, check out the Giant Nutella Cookie Pizza we made together. Time really flies. He’s grown up so much!
For this recipe you’ll need my Seven Minute Frosting. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also need my ganache recipe that you can find here.
1. Sift flour, salt, baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix coffee powder and bittersweet chocolate in hot water and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
3. Mix oil, eggs and vinegar.
4. Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture and mix well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Pour into a giant cupcake mold. Bake in the oven at 350F/175C for 45 minutes to an hour. Let the cake cool completely.
6. Melt the dark chocolate and thinly coat the giant cupcake mold. Let it set in the fridge for 10 minutes then do another coat.
7. Carve the sides of the cake making sure it fits into the chocolate shell.
8. Make the ganache by mixing the heavy cream with the bittersweet chocolate and melting it in the microwave 30 second intervals.
9. Pour about half of the ganache mixture in the mold and spread evenly all over.
10. Place the cake in the mold and trim the top of the cake. Press with your fingers to allow more space on top.
11. Carve a center well into the cake, but keep the cake top. Fill the well with frosting. Place the cake piece back on top.
12. Spread the remaining ganache on top and let it chill in the fridge for 5-10 mins.
13. Take your frosting and pipe on some swirls on top.
Giant Hostess? Yes please! 😋
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2uswmuZ
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coffee powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Approx 2 cups dark chocolate
- Chocolate Ganache
- 7 Minute Frosting
- Giant Cupcake Mold
- Serrated Edge Knife
- Piping Tip
- Piping Bag
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips