My boys Ollie and Jacob may be a few years apart, but their birthdays are actually back to back! Jake has been a HUGE fan of Arlo from the Good Dinosaur movie, so in honor of his birthday I wanted to make him a Good Dinosaur Cake! Thus, showing YOU guys how to make a Good Dinosaur Cake 😂😂😂 If you love Disney cakes, check out my Zootopia Cake and my Inside Out Cake
For this cake you’ll need 3 batches of my Mud Cake. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also need 2 batches of my ganache. You can find that recipe here. You’ll really want to find some great rock candies! I used both chocolates and jelly beans!
1. Roll your green fondant and cover the entire surface of the cake board
2. Carve the tops of the cakes to achieve a flat surface and cut in the middle
3. Place the wooden tray on the cake board and start stacking the cakes and layer with some ganache in between.
4. Once you reach the 4th layer, place the 4 straws in place for support.
5. Continue layering
6. Roughly spread ganache on the entire cake and randomly place the rock candies all over leaving about an inch on the top and bottom of the cake.
7. Place 5 candy melts of the same and color and draw paw prints on it with a toothpick.
8. Randomly break the chocolate pocky sticks and stick around the cake. for the straw effect.
9. Make a small “mud puddle” by placing a bit of ganache on the green fondant and place some candy rocks on the edge. Stick the dinosaur toy with a little bit of ganache.
Does this cake have enough chocolate? 😂
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2s16jW5
What You’ll Need:
- Three 6″ Mud Cakes
- 2 Batches of Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Green Fondant
- Chocolate Pocky Sticks
- Assorted Rock Candy/Jelly Beans
- Assorted Colors Candy Melts
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips