I was so excited when a live action remake of Beauty and the Beast was announced. Because I love all things Disney, naturally, I had to make a recipe for it! Inspired by Belle, I’m going to be showing you guys how to make these simple Rose Petal Cupcakes. For more Disney inspired cupcakes, check out my Frozen Cupcakes.
For this recipe, you’ll be using my buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. You want your red buttercream frosting to be slightly more firm than your yellow. You can achieve this by adding less milk.
- Pipe a low swirl of yellow buttercream frosting onto a cupcake. Use the back of a knife to smooth off the edges of the frosting.
- Roll the frosting on your cupcake into yellow sanding sugar.
- Press the top of your cupcake lightly onto your bench to create a flat top.
- With your red buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a petal piping tip (wider side facing downward), begin piping the rose onto the top of the cupcake. Start with a cone shape in the center.
- begin to make overlapping petals around the cone. Attach, arc, and join. Do this until your rose is complete.
- Place yellow buttercream frosting into a snap seal bag. Cut off a fine corner tip.
- Pipe yellow “squiggles” around the base of the cupcake. Then, add large waves of ruffles just above the cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle more sanding sugar over the yellow squiggles and ruffles if desired.
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate Mud Cupcakes to Frost
- Red & Yellow Buttercream Frosting (use less milk for firmer frosting)
- Yellow Sanding Sugar
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips