Cooking with Squish is one of my favorite things! Baking is obviously my passion, and it’s great to share your passion with your kids. And he’s a great help in the kitchen! Today, Ollie and I are going to show you how to make a Rice Krispie Train! For more holiday videos check out my Cookie Christmas Calendar.
The glue for all of these pieces is going to be melted white chocolate. Working with chocolate can be somewhat difficult. For tips on how to melt, color, and thin chocolate, check out this useful video here. Really let your kids creativity shine in this recipe. Obviously step in and help with any of the difficult parts (and anything involving a sharp knife of course!), but really let your kids run with this recipe! They’ll be so proud. This is super visual as well as tasty! Everyone will love this piece.
- Use a toothpick to smear white chocolate onto each piece of a peppermint Christmas spiral candy.
- Place 2 candies onto each side of a rice krispie treat. Do this for all the rice krispie treats. Place 3 candies on each side for the rice krispie that is going to be the front of the train.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the rice krispie in half. Then, cut another half in half on its side.
- Dip the large half of the rice krispie in white chocolate. Glue it onto the front of your rice krispie treat train.
- Cut your Twinkie so that it’s the same length as the front of the train. Glue it down to the remaining gap on the front of the rice krispie train.
- Stick one of quarter pieces of the rice krispie on top to create a roof.
- Break off pieces of candy canes so that they are the same length and width as your rice krispie trains. Glue them onto each section with white chocolate.
- Glue the presents in the center of the rice krispie train.
- Glue a santa chocolate onto the back piece of the train. Fill the rest of that last section with skittles.
- Stick a small piece of candy cane through the twinkie at the front of the train. Then,l use white chocolate to glue a red skittle to the top of the candy cane.
- Place each train car on a presentation board. Join the three cars together with pieces of candy cane in between.
Who else wants to buy a ticket aboard the Rice Krispie train?! 🚂
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hOcWGr
What You’ll Need:
- We used: 4 x LCM (Rice Krispie) bars
- 15 Christmas spiral candies
- 2 x Candy canes
- 3 x Hersheys christmas chocolates (or Cadbury Favourite mini blocks)
- Chocolate Santas
- 100g melted white chocolate
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips