For many people, the idea of working with caramel would send a chill up your spine. It can be somewhat tricky to make, so a lot of beginners try and stay away. Fear not, though! I’m going to give a hack that will make every baker feel brave enough to use caramel! This is my 3 Ingredient Caramel Frosting! This cheat is perfect for piping and spreading on cakes and cupcakes. If you want to see this frosting at work, check out my Giant Snickers Bar Cupcake
If you’re confident with making caramel, you could make your own from scratch. I’m here to tell you that it is 100% okay to use store bought caramel. It’ll make your life sooooo much easier and I promise you’ll thank me later. If you live in the states, I totally recommend the caramel from Trader Joe’s! It’s awesome!
- Beat your butter in an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in your caramel to the electric mixer, and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add ⅓ of your powdered sugar. Mix on a low speed, and gradually increase the speed. Beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat the previous step.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and repeat the third step again for your final mix.
3 ingredients? Yes! It’s really that easy! 😉
What You’ll Need:
- 380g / 13.5oz can of pre made caramel (or you can make your own but this is what makes it “cheats” and oh so simple!)
- 750g / 1lb 10oz Powdered sugar – sifted (confectioners / icing sugar are the same thing)
- 200g / 7oz Butter – room temp (I used salted but you can use unsalted with a pinch of salt – I don’t recommend margarine or butter substitutes)
- Electric Mixer
I’m funnier in PODCAST! Catch ‘Bake My Day’ on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/BakeMyDay
@elise_strachan for my DIY’s & Home Renos LINK