We all know that watermelons are the cutest and trendiest summer fruit out there (okay pineapples are too…). It really is the perfect fruit to cool down with on a hot day. And so is ice cream. You see where this is going right? Today I’m going to be showing you how to make super cute and delicious Watermelon Ice Cream Bowls! For more watermelon recipes, check out my Watermelon Oreo Cookies.
While doing this recipe, make sure that you are working with ROOM TEMPERATURE chocolate. Trust me, it’s totally necessary. If it’s too hot, you’ll pop your balloon and get a huge chocolate explosion (which we definitely don’t want).
- Spoon four dollops of the light green candy melts onto the top of the dark green candy melts. Do not mix through. Make sure your chocolate is room temp!
- Fill a water balloon/small balloon with air and tie a knot.
- Dip the balloon directly into the melted chocolate. Give it a slight twist, and place it on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the rest of your balloons.
- Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Scoop half of a carton of softened ice cream into a large bowl. Add 2 drops of pink food coloring and stir well.
- Remove your balloons from the fridge. Take a skewer, or toothpick, and pop the water balloon. Make sure to remove all of the balloon from the bowl!
- Dollop green candy melts into the bottom of the green candy bowls.
- Spoon your bright pink ice cream into each bowl.
- Place 7 chocolate chips into each watermelon bowl.
- Transfer to the freezer until the ice cream is entirely set.
You scream, I scream, we all scream for watermelon ice cream bowls! 🍉
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2iMKaH7
What You’ll Need:
- Strawberry ice cream (the better quality you buy, the nicer it will re-freeze after its been softened)
- Melted green chocolate or candy melts in light green and darker green
- Chocolate chips
- Pink food colouring (optional)
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips