Have you run out of tissues and tears to cry over The Fault in Our Stars novel and movie? Once you have, this is the perfect recipe for you. These cookies are for those who love this tragic teen love story, and need some cookies to repair their fragile broken hearts. These are The Fault in Our Stars Pinata Cookies. For more pinata cookies check out my Rainbow Unicorn Cookies and these Popsicle Pinata Cookies.
For this recipe, you’ll need my sugar cookies. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also want a cloud cookie cutter to achieve the book and movie cover. I did the clouds inverted so one black cloud with white writing, and one white cloud with black writing.
- Preheat a moderate oven (175C/350F)
- Add blue food coloring to room temperature cookie dough. Roll it through until the cookie dough is entirely blue.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle flour onto your bench, and use a rolling pin to roll out your cookie dough so that it’s about 3mm thick.
- Take your cloud cookie cutter and cut out 6 of those cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a small circle cutter to cut 3 small circles from the center of just 2 of your cookies. These will be your center pieces.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 7-10, or until they slightly brown around the edges. Once the cookies are baked, let them completely cool before moving on to the next step.
- Place your black candy melts and white candy melts into their own snap seal bags. Cut a fine corner tip from each of the snap seal bags.
- Pipe on white candy melts to the back of the center piece cookies, and glue them onto a bottom piece cookie.
- Fill the center of those cookies with rainbow star sprinkles.
- Pipe white candy melts to the back of one of your top pieces of cookie. Secure it on top to the stack of cookies.
- On one of your cookies, outline the cloud edges with white candy melts. Then, work your way in and fill in the cookie. On the other cookie, do the same thing, but with black candy melts.
- Let those cookies completely set.
- With the black cookie, pipe the word, “OKAY?” with white candy melts.
- With the white cookie, pipe the word “OKAY.” with black candy melts.
Okay? Okay. Cookie? Cookie 🍪
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2jBsw9z
What You’ll Need:
- 1 batch of sugar cookie dough
- Melted white chocolate / candy melts
- Melted black candy melts
- Blue food colouring
- Star sprinkles (or alternate small candy filling)
- Plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 spoons
- 2 snap seal bags
- Cloud speech bubble cookie cutter (part of a wilton LOL / speech bubble set) – plain cloud cookie cutters will also work 🙂
- Rolling pin
- Small circle cutter (or the end of a piping tip)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips