Alright, I don’t have to break the news that Frozen is the biggest deal since sliced bread…right? This franchise has blown up like CRAZY with film sequels, and shorts, and “Let it Go,” playing EVERYWHERE. It’s safe to say the world has been super swept up with all things Frozen. So I thought I’d do what I do best, and give you guys a Frozen recipe that you guys are going to go crazy for! This is my Frozen Snow Globe Cake! For more frozen recipes, check out my Elsa and Anna Frozen Princess Cake.
This recipe does use a bit of fondant, but don’t let that scare you! Fondant doesn’t have to be scary to work with. Just remember that water is both a friend and an enemy to fondant. You’ll want to brush water onto the back of fondant if you want it to stick, but you really don’t want it to be wet otherwise!
- Pour half of your light blue white chocolate into the bottom half of a silicone cupcake mold. Use a spatula to draw the white chocolate up the walls of the mold. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Sprinkle corn flour onto your bench, and roll out your fondant so that it’s 6mm thick. Take your 4’’ circle cutter and cut 2 circles of fondant.
- Brush water onto your 4’’ cake board, and place one of your fondant circles directly on it.
- With your glass bowl flipped upside down, brush water onto the top of the bowl, and place your fondant circle directly on the bowl.
- Paint Luster Dust onto both fondant pieces. Do not paint them on wet.
- Pour in the remaining of your blue chocolate. Use a spatula to evenly distribute the chocolate on the mold. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Carve up your cake piece with a serrated edge knife. Carve away the sides, and make the top flat. Then, cut it in half.
- Peel the silicone mold away from the chocolate. Place the chocolate back in the mold for support.
- Coat the inside of the chocolate mold with Nutella.
- Put the bottom half of the giant cupcake in the mold. Place a generous amount of Nutella over the top, and add the top half of the cupcake, and cover the top of the cupcake with Nutella.
- Flip your chocolate mold onto a cake board. Add melted blue chocolate onto the blue chocolate piece, and place the 4’’ fondant covered cake board on top.
- Position your characters onto the cake board piece, and secure them with your melted blue chocolate.
- Pipe blue chocolate around that 4’’ disc. Then, quickly, add your glass bowl directly onto the chocolate.
- Roll out a thin and long piece of fondant. Brush it with water, and wrap it around the bottom of the cake. Push them into the indents, and cut off any excess.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the part where the base and globe meet.
- Brush Luster Dust to the outside of the blue base.
- Sprinkle corn flour onto your base, and roll out your fondant. Use a snowflake plunger and make several snowflakes. Secure them both onto the blue base of the snow globe and the glass by brushing water onto them to secure them in place.
- Position the rest of your characters onto your cake board.
Who’s your fave Frozen Character?
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hFMRh4
What You’ll Need:
- Baked giant cupcake base
- Melted white chocolate tinted blue, or melted blue candy melts (approx 400g)
- Nutella (large jar) or whatever frosting you desire
- White fondant
- Plain water
- Silicone giant cupcake case (the flexible silicone ones are best)
- Offset spatula
- Normal Spatula
- Serrated knife
- 2 x pastry brushes (one for wet and one for dry)
- Snap seal bag
- Fondant rolling pin
- Thin blue ribbon
- Snowflake cookie cutters (I used plunge cutters)
- Small (3″-4″) Frozen figurines – I got mine on ebay for less than $20!
- 9″ presentation cake board
- 4″ circle cutter
- 4″ cardboard cake board (or a piece of trimmed cardboard)
- Small round bowl – Mine had a 4″ opening at the top which is the ideal size. You can go smaller, but try not to go larger than 4.5″ as it needs to fit on the base of your giant cupcake mould
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips