So I’m going to be completely honest. I’m not a fan of golf. It’s really not my thing… I think it’s about exciting as watching paint dry (sorry guys). Just because I’m not super interested in golf doesn’t mean that I can’t cake it! I know plenty of people who love golf, and this recipe is for all of them! These are my Golf Ball Cake Pops! If you love sports themed sweets check out my Football Party Ideas blog.
There are a few things that you really need to bring these cake pops together. The cake pop mold is essential to create the golf ball. You can find one here. I also strongly recommend the golf ball basket and the astroturf. It’ll take your recipe to the next level.
- Place the cake board on top of the artificial grass. Trace and cut along the edges. Stick the artificial grass on the board and cover the sides using the green washi tape.
- Crumble the chocolate cake and mix with chocolate ganache until it holds its shape.
- Melt the white candy melts and use a spoon to thinly coat the golf ball molds.
- Let it set in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Add another layer of white candy melts. Transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add enough cake pop dough to fill the ball halves and press firmly but gently (do not overfill).
- Dip a pan in hot water and place the ball halves on top to melt the edges. Grab another half and stick it together. Wipe away excess or add a little more to seal the seams.
- Serve on grass cake board with metal golf ball rack.
Share this with your fave golf fanatic!
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2qkQIEN
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate cake pop dough
- White candy Melts
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips