S’mores are a staple to any night out by a warm campfire, but sometimes I want to enjoy my S’mores from the indoors with a warm oven. Today I’m cooking again with little Squish, and we’re going to bring you a recipe that’s perfect just for two! These are our S’mores Cake Jars. For more recipes I’ve done with Ollie check out our Giant Nutella Cookie Pizza and our Pumpkin Pinata.
If you live in a place that has Graham crackers, PLEASE use them! Us Australians don’t have them and I’m jealous of everyone who has them. I love this recipe because it’s super quick, super easy, and the ingredients are all pretty assessable (there’s a good chance you already have all of them in your pantry!) These are perfect to make with kids, or perfect if you want to whip up an easy dessert before bed!
- Preheat a moderate oven (175C/350F)
- Pour melted butter into crushed graham cracker cookies. Stir through with a spoon.
- Take that cookie mixture and spoon them into each mason jar. Use the end of a rolling pin to firmly compact the cookies.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cake in a large bowl. Mix well with a spatula (all the ingredients except for the marshmallows, graham crackers, and butter).
- Pour chocolate batter mix into each mason jar. Fill just under halfway.
- Place jars on a baking sheet and bake in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the jars are completely cool to touch, add marshmallows right to the top of the jar.
- Transfer back to the oven until the marshmallows are completely melted.
Gimmie s’more! YUM!
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2j5Fopj
What You’ll Need:
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp fine (caster) sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 3 tbsp oil (vegetable or canola are good, but any will do)
- 1 splash vanilla essence or extract (approx half a tsp)
- 1tsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers (or Arnotts Granita in Australia)
- 1 375g bag of white marshmallows
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips