Ice cream reminds me of a warm summer days, and laying out in the backyard by the pool. It’s truly the best way to cool off! Whether you love summer or hate it, you can always count on ice cream. Today I’m going to be showing you an over the top ice cream recipe that pays homage to the neapolitan flavour. This is my Layered Popsicle Ice Cream Cake. If you love ice cream cakes, check out my 2 Tier Oreo Cake.
For this recipe, you’re going to want high quality ice cream. Cheaper ice creams don’t refreeze well and get icey in the freezer. I’m usually all about a bargin, but trust me, this is a recipe where you’re going to want the expensive stuff. It really does help!
- Spoon ½ liter of softened strawberry ice cream into the bottom of your loaf pan. Freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Once semi set, add ½ liter of softened vanilla ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once semi set, add ½ liter of softened chocolate ice cream.
- Add about 10 popsicle sticks into the ice cream. Press them down so that they hit the center layer.
- Freeze for 12 hours or more.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove from freezer. Fill sink with hot water and dunk part of the loaf tin in the water making sure you don’t get any water in the ice cream.
- Run a knife along the outside edge of the ice cream. Then, place the tin on its side and pull each of the popsicle sticks to help remove the ice cream from the tin.
- Cut between each popsicle stick. Decorate with melted chocolate, nuts, and/or sprinkles. Or let your guests decorate it on their own!
WHOOAAA. ICE CREAM HEAVEN! 🍦🍦🍦
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2jcmNKw
What You’ll Need:
- Melted chocolate
- 1.5 literes (approx) of good quality ice cream
- Loaf tin
- Popsicle Sticks
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips