The problem with store bought chocolate is that it just isn’t big enough. Even when I go to speciality candy shops I think, “I can go bigger than that!” So I happily take on the challenge to make a huge candy bar. Today I’m giving you a favorite among candy bars: This is a giant peanut butter cup! If you love giant chocolate bars check out my Giant Kinder Egg and my Giant Twix Bar
For this recipe, make sure that you’re working with a compound chocolate. That means it doesn’t contain the ingredient cocoa. This is important because you want to make sure that the chocolate is easily able to set.
- Grease the bottom of a non stick 23cm (9 inch) fluted tart tin (with a removable bottom) with butter or oil and line with a round of baking parchment.
- Melt 450g of the chocolate to a smooth pourable consistency, Pour the chocolate into the bottom of the tart tin, spreading up the sides using a spoon. This should be quite thick and spread evenly over the whole tart tin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- Beat the peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter using an electric mixer. The mixture should be well mixed but a little firm and lumpy.
- Remove the chocolate shell from the tin and set aside.
- Scrape the peanut butter filling into the empty tart tin and press firmly until you have a compressed, even dis of peanut butter filling. Cut away a 5 mm border from the outside edges of the peanut butter disc using a knife. Then slide an offset spatula under the filling to release it from the base and transfer it. It will behave a little like pizza dough as you transfer it to the chocolate shell.
- Return the entire peanut butter cup to the tart tin (make sure it’s clean).
- Melt the remaining chocolate and pour it onto the top of the peanut butter cup. Use a ruler to even out the top of the peanut butter cup and make it perfectly flat and smooth. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Store and serve at room temperature. Cut with a hot knife to avoid cracking.
So it’s not bad if you only have one Reese’s right? 🍫
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hBIGld
What You’ll Need:
- 600g / 21oz Powdered sugar, sifted
- 600g / 21oz smooth peanut butter
- 100g / 3.5oz softened, salted butter
- 750g / 26oz melted compound milk chocolate
- Large bowl
- Offset Spatula
- Electric hand mixer
- Tart/Quiche pan with a removable base
- Parchment Paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips