I love the UK for so many reasons, but one of the greatest gifts it has given is the invention of the Banoffee pie. The dulce de leche and the biscuits and the banana takes delicious, simple ingredients and turns them into a dessert masterpiece. On today’s Mini Mason Munchies, I’m going to show you how to take a Banoffee Pie and put it in a miniature mason jar! If you LOVE this new series check out my Miniature Apple Pie and Cookies and Cream recipes in miniature mason jars!
Dulce de leche can be a little tricky to make, so feel free to use dulce de leche from a can (trust me, it’s still delicious!). Because of the fresh bananas, this one doesn’t have a long shelf life. If you plan on making it, plan on eating it as soon as possible. This makes 4 mason jars of banoffee pie, so grab three people to enjoy this super indulgent treat to 🙂
- Melt your semi sweet chocolate chips and pour them onto a piece of parchment paper. Spread the chocolate out using the back of a spoon. Place dried banana chips and pecans onto the melted chocolate, and set aside to partially set. Before it sets completely, slice the bark into diagonal shards with a sharp knife. Let set completely.
- Roughly break up cookies and divide into 2 lots. Evenly distribute 1 lot between 4 mason jars.
- Add a tbsp. of dulce de leche and spread evenly.
- Make thin banana slices and stick it to the jar. Dice the remaining bananas.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Pipe over the bananas.
- Add another tbsp. of caramel followed by whipped cream, chopped bananas, more caramel, whipped cream and cookies. Pipe more whipped cream on top and add the bark, wafer stick and caramel drizzle.
I’m going bananas over this recipe! 🍌🍌
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2qliWuc
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can dulce de leche caramel
- 2 large bananas
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 15 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 4 chocolate pirouettes/wafer sticks
For the bark:
- ½ cup of pecans
- ½ cup dried banana chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips