Mason jars are all the rage right now (do people still say all the rage?). They’re great for DIYs and are one of my favorite kitchen accessories! In this new series Mini Mason Munchies, I’ll be showing you some of my favorite sweets from the kitchen in a miniature mason jar! On this episode I’ll be showing you how to make a Apple Pies in a mason jar! For more Mini Mason Munchies, check out my miniature Banoffee Pies and miniature Tiramisu.
Did you recognized these super cute apple tree candy melts? That’s because they’re in my book. If you love this recipe, you should check out more recipes from my cookbook. For more sweet ideas, get the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook: Sweet! Celebrations – the ultimate in unique dessert creativity www.mycupcakeaddictioncookbook.com
- Melt brown candy melts and dip the sticks three quarters of the way. Place on parchment to set.
- Trace the apple tree template onto of parchment paper.
- Melt the green candy melts and put it in a snap seal bag and trace around the treetop going over the stick. Fill in with swirls to resemble leaves and place a couple of red mini m&m’s before it set.
- Peel, core and dice apples. Combine with cinnamon, brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until soft and golden.
- Mix rolled oats, butter, brown sugar and flour in a bowl. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the cookie cutter and cut 8 rounds from the pound cake. Place a round of cake in the bottom of each jar, followed by 1 tablespoon of apple mixture and 1 tablespoon of crumble.
- Layer pound cake, apples, and oats into the jar.
- Use a knife to create a guide hole in the apple pie layers. Place the candy tree through the layers.
I am so obsessed with that candy apple tree! YUM! 🍎
For the printable recipe click here:
What You’ll Need:
For the Apples: (1/3 of original recipe):
- 2 cups of green apples
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2/3 rolled oats
- 1/3 flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ stick of butter (melted)
- 2 store bought pound cake
- ½ cup green candy melts
- ½ cup brown candy melts
- About 25 Red m&m minis
- 4 /craft sticks
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips