When brainstorming for Mother’s Day gifts for my own mum, I’m always torn with an internal conflict: to bake, or to give flowers? That internal conflict is officially over. Today, I’m going to give you the option to gift both with these Nutella Flowerpot Jar Cupcakes! For more Mother’s Day baking inspiration, check out my other Flowerpot Cupcakes!
For this recipe, you’re going to want that blackboard sticker. You can purchase those here. You’ll also want various sized jars. I love all of the different heights and widths that this recipe brings — it gives each flower it’s own unique look!
- Preheat your oven according to your packaging instructions.
- Make your chocolate cake mix per the packaging instructions.
- Spoon your cake batter into a snap seal bag. Cut off a generous corner tip.
- Pipe the chocolate mix into your jars, filling them about half way.
- Bake according to the packaging instructions.
- Place your melted candy melts into their own snap seal bags.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over our template. Fill in the template with your various floral colours.
- Dip a few pieces of Pocky into melted green candy melts. Set on a piece of parchment paper to set.
- Once set, toothpick green candy melts on your stems, and attach the flowers and petals onto the Pocky stem.
- Trim the top of the cakes away so that the cakes are nice and flat.
- Spoon Nutella into the mason jars, and tap them on the bench.
- Place a flower into each of the jars.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the top.
- Add a blackboard label to the outside of the jar.
Nutella is truly the greatest gift of all! Flowers are good too…🍫🌷
For the printable recipe click here:
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate cake packet mix (and ingredients to make it)
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Melted floral coloured candy melt
- Printable template
- Snap seal bag
- Serrated edge knife
- Blackboard sticky labels
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips