There are two things I can guarantee on mother’s day: sweets and flowers. This mother’s day, you can give your mother the best of both gifts by making her my new recipe. I partnered up with Ann Le from Anneorshine to bring you some mother’s day gifts that all mothers will love. These are my Flowerpot Cupcakes. Check out my other mother’s day recipe: Gardening Cupcakes! Check out Ann’s super simple and cute mother’s day aprons here.
For this recipe, you’ll need rich, and decadent chocolate cupcakes. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also want my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting in a pastel pink, blue, and purple. You can find that recipe here. One of my favorite parts of this recipe is the fresh mint. It really adds so much to the recipe visually, but it also is a perfect garnish for a dessert. The problem with mint leaves is that they wilt quickly, so make sure that you don’t add the mint leaves to the candies until you are ready to serve.
- Line terracotta pots with cupcake liners. Then, fill cupcake liners with cupcake batter. Bake until you press the top of the cake and it springs back.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut leaf shapes from your green candy strap. Set aside.
- Take your piping bag with the leaf piping tip (blue and purple frosting) and pipe small flowers to cover the entire cupcake. Press the buttercream frosting, and twist your wrist in an upwards motion left and right motion (as if you’re turning a key). Then, pull up. Pipe these small flowers around the entire outside of the cupcake, and work your way towards the center.
- With your your Wilton 2D piping bag (pink frosting), pipe a small blob of frosting, twist, and pull up. Do this so that it covers the entire surface area of the cupcake. Start from the outside and work your way in.
- Stick green candy leaves directly into the frosting.
These are the sweetest Mother’s Day cupcakes! 🌷🌻🌼
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2qORFVj
What You’ll Need:
- Tiny terracotta pots
- Cupcake batter
- Buttercream frosting (pink, blue, and purple)
- Green candy straps
- Piping bag
- Piping tips: Wilton 2D & a Leaf tip
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips