Okay you guys, I think I finally made the most over the top cake yet. I know I say that about a ton of my recipes, but this one literally takes the cake (ha!). No seriously, this cake is MOBILE! You read that right. Today, I’m going to be showing you a fully mobile, battery operated Remote Control Truck Cake! If you love trucks, check out my Monster Truck Cupcakes.
This cake can be somewhat tricky, but once it’s done it’s going to be a hit at any kid’s party! Imagine a cake wheeling down the table towards the birthday boy or girl and the excited look on their face! You have to try it!
- Make sure the base on toy truck is flat. Cover any holes with fondant.
- Measure the toy truck base and cut the cake board.
- Cut the pound cake making sure it’s the right size.Find a remaining cake piece that is roughly the same size as the front of the truck.
- Add remaining cake pieces to add height to the larger section of the cake.
- Cover the cakes with ganache and transfer to the fridge to chill. Repeat and add another layer. Smooth the sides and edges with a ruler.
- Roll the white fondant and cover the cakes. Smooth out the fondant and pop any air bubbles (if present). Use a pizza cutter to cut excess fondant.
Glue cake boards with melted candy melts to the truck, and then secure cakes on the board.
- Roll out more white fondant and cut about 8 strips that are 12 inches long and half an inch in width.
- Mix lemon juice/drops of vodka with the silver luster and brush onto the strips.
- Once set, brush a little bit of water on the strip and carefully place on the edges of the truck Trim excess. trucks
- Using the fondant. Make a small rectangle and paint using the food colors to make the license plate. Stick with a little bit of water.
- OPTIONAL: Customize by adding an edible sheet decor on the sides of the truck.
Is this officially the best thing in the world?! I think it is! 🚚
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2piBgo7
What You’ll Need:
- 3 store bought pound cake
- 2 batches of chocolate ganache
- White fondant (about a size of a tennis ball)
- Food colors (yellow, black and red or any color)
- Silver luster
- Pastry Brushes
- Pizza Cutter
- Cake board
- Metal Ruler
- Fondant Smoother
- Offset Spatula
- Remote controlled toy truck
- Truck Image Template (create as an edible image)
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips