Eating cupcakes in ice cream cones has been a huge crazy lately. I mean, they’re literally the cutest thing ON THE PLANET!…besides laughing babies and scratching puppy dog tummies. I’m going to show you guys a super cute recipe that is the epitome of summer. These are are my Dropped Ice Cream Pinata Cupcakes! If you love summer cupcakes check out my Watermelon Oreos and my Popsicle Pinata Cookies.
This is a pinata recipe, so it has surprise candy inside. I recommend using a bunch of small candies for a big candy spill!
- Spoon in 2 teaspoons of melted dark chocolate into the waffle cone.
- Use a knife to spread the chocolate up the sides of the waffle cone.
- Let the melted chocolate set (fridge or room temp is fine!).
- Take the cupcake wrapper off the mini cupcake.
- Place the candy into the waffle cone. I chose light candies like marshmallows.
- Smear melted dark chocolate around the edges of the waffle cone.
- Place the mini cupcake right in the cone. Push it down firmly.
- Place your pink buttercream frosting in a snap seal bag. Use a pair of scissors to cut a generous tip from the bag. Pipe a swirl of frosting around the bottom of the cupcake and work your way towards the top. Smooth the frosting out with a knife.
- Transfer your cone to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Dollop melted chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper. Use your spoon to spread the melted chocolate out so that it looks like it’s dripping.
- Dip your cupcake into the melted dark chocolate. Then, place it on an angle directly onto the ice cream splatter on the parchment paper.
- Use a bowl to support the waffle cone for 10-20 seconds.
- Sprinkle directly onto the melted chocolate. Place an M&M right onto the center.
These cupcakes remind me of summer ☀️😎
For the printable recipe click here:
What You’ll Need:
- Buttercream frosting (pink)
- Mini cupcakes, baked
- Melted dark chocolate
- Candy (make sure its not to heavy)
- Waffle cones (make sure its got the flat rim on top)
- Red m&m’s
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips