Everyone knows that Frozen has taken over the world, and it’s not stopping there! With more movies and shorts of more adventures with Elsa and Anna, the world is still freaking out over Frozen. I wanted to give you guys a simple, yet elegant Frozen themed recipe. These are my Disney Frozen Cupcakes. If you have Frozen Fever, check out my Frozen Fever Cake and my Elsa and Anna Frozen Sisters Cake.
For this recipe, you’ll really want a snowflake plunger cutter. They make the perfect fondant snowflakes in seconds, and it will save your life when making this recipe. Trust me, it’s worth it! You can purchase a snowflake plunger cutter here.
- Place your vanilla cake mix in 3 bowls. Add bright white food colouring to the first bowl, 1-2 drops of blue colouring to the second bowl, and 3-4 drops to the final bowl.
- With your cupcake trays lined with cupcake liners, spoon a tablespoon of dark blue into the bottom of each of the liners. Then, spoon in a tablespoon of the light blue layer into each of the cupcake liners. Finally spoon in a tablespoon of white batter to the top of each cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle corn powder on your bench, and roll out your fondant.
- Press in your snowflake cutter. Make one for each cupcake.
- Smear on a high dome of frosting onto your cupcake.
- Roll the edges of the cupcake in silver sanding sugar.
- Take your piping bag and fill it with your blue buttercream frosting. Pipe on a high swirl onto each cupcake.
- Place a fondant snowflake on the top of the frosting.
- Print out your cupcake wrapper on a thick card stock. Cut them out, and tape them together. Place your finished cupcake directly into the printable wrapper.
I’ll never let these cupcakes go! ❄️
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2i8VQ6z
What You’ll Need:
- Buttercream frosting (white and turquoise blue)
- Food colouring (blue and bright white)
- Silver sanding sugar
- White fondant
- Vanilla cake mix (box cake is fine!)
- 2 spoons
- Disposable piping bag
- Star piping tip
- Snowflake plunger cutter
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake liners
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Cupcake Wrapper Template
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips