What’s not to like about Oreos? Seriously? It’s like like pure joy between two chocolate cookies. It only gets better when you can cookies and cream your favorite recipes. I’m no stranger to Oreos. Have you seen my Bite Sized Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches, and a massive Two Tier Oreo Ice Cream Cake. But this is My Cupcake Addiction, and where would any of us be if I didn’t give you a Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcake!
For this recipe, you’ll need my famous perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. Part of the fun of this cupcake is that it’s also an illusion cupcake. Attaching the mini Oreo bag to the top of the Pocky stack is actually pretty easy, and it’ll make a lot of people’s jaws drop when they see those falling Oreos!
- Preheat a moderate oven (175°C/350°F)
- Put all of your cake ingredients into an electric mixer. Beat on a low speed, and then gradually blend at a higher speed.
- Place cupcake liners into a cupcake tin. Place an Oreo cookie at the bottom of each liner.
- Use an ice cream scooper to fill the liners ⅔ of the way full.
- Place in a moderate oven for 15 minutes or until the cupcake springs back.
- Place Oreos in a snap seal bag. Use a rolling pin to lightly pound and roll over the cookies. You don’t want this to be too fine, there should still be some large chunks of cookie.
- Separate the larger and smaller crumbles into two separate bowls.
- Split 3 mini Oreos in half. Take a Pocky and dip the chocolate end into melted white chocolate. Lay the Pocky over 3 halves of mini Oreos. Then, add the other mini Oreo halves on top to make a sandwich. You need however many of these sticks as there are cupcakes.
- Split your buttercream frosting in half. Add crushed fine Oreos directly into one half of the buttercream.
- Scoop your cookies and cream frosting into a piping bag with an open tip.
- Take a nice and scoop your plain vanilla frosting straight onto your cupcake. Roll the edges of the cupcake in the fine crushed up Oreos. Then, pipe a swirl of your cookies and cream frosting right on top. Add some larger chunks into the frosting. Repeat this for the rest of your cupcakes.
- Stick the Pocky and mini Oreo stack directly through the center of the cupcake. Repeat with all your cupcakes.
- Neatly cut off a fine corner from a mini Oreo packet. Empty out the mini Oreos.
- Smear white chocolate to the back of the top Oreo on the Oreo and Pocky stack. Then, stick that top cookie on the inside of your bag. Hold it for a few seconds to secure in place.
Share this blog post with someone you want to eat these Oreo cupcakes with! 🙋
For the printable recipe click here:
What You’ll Need:
- 60g / 2oz softened butter (I used salted but you can use unsalted and add a pinch of salt)
- 1tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 1 large egg
- 20g / 0.5oz unsweetened cocoa | 1/4 cup in AU cup measurements 1/3 cup in US cup measurements (these are different around the world)
- 55g / 2oz water (room temp) | 1/3 cup (AU) just under 1/2cup (US)
- 4oz / 110g self raising flour | 2/3cup (AU) or 3/4 cup (US) – I used SR Flour but you can use all purpose and 1/2 tsp of baking powder as an alternative
- 90g / 3oz fine (caster) sugar | 1/2 cup (AU & US)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 packet large chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 box of mini Oreo packets
- Buttercream Frosting
- Pocky sticks
- Star piping tip
- Cupcake wrappers
- Disposable piping bag
- Electric mixer
- Cupcake tray
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips