One of my favourite things about making food videos on YouTube is that I get to creatively express myself through baking! Creative expression is so important, and I want to pay homage to all the artists. These are my Rainbow Paint Splatter Cupcakes. If you love art themed sweets, check out my Artist Paint Cake and my Paint Palette Cupcakes.
I also love that these cupcakes have the rainbow cupcake wrappers! I tried to coordinate so that the buttercream frosting colours matched the wrappers. These are almost too pretty to eat…almost.
- Preheat your oven based off recipe/manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make your vanilla cake mix per your favorite recipe or box cake instructions.
- Separate your cake mix into six small bowls. Colour the batters six different colours in orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink.
- Place each cake batter into it’s own snap seal bag. Cut a generous corner tip from each piping bag.
- Line your cupcake tray with liners.
- Drizzle each colour into the bottom of your cupcake liners. Fill them ⅔ full.
- Clean your cupcake tray by wiping away any stray batter with a napkin.
- Bake per the recipe/manufacturer’s instructions.
- Separate your buttercream frostings into 4 large bowls, and 3 small bowls. Colour the large bowls pink, green, blue, and yellow to match your cupcake liners. Transfer these to piping bags with open piping tips. Colour the small bowls red, purple, and orange.
- Pour whipping cream over your chocolate melts. Microwave for 30 second intervals and stir in between until it’s smooth.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, use a serrated edge knife to trim the tops off of the cupcakes. Spoon ganache on top of the cupcakes, and spread down to the liner.
- Pipe a swirl of buttercream frosting onto each cupcake to match the colour of the cupcake liner.
- Microwave the buttercream frosting in the 3 small bowls, and transfer them into their own snap seal bags. Cut off a fine corner tip.
- Place the cupcakes on a piece of parchment paper. Drizzle the melted buttercream over the cupcakes to create a paint splatter effect.
These cupcakes are for all the artists out there 🎨
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gUVvDp
What You’ll Need:
- Vanilla cake mix
- Buttercream frosting
- Small batch of ganache (75ml whipping cream with 150g dark or milk chocolate)
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake liners (multiple colours)
- Parchment paper
- Piping Bag
- Open round piping tip
- Snap seal bags
- Serrated knife
- 6 bowls & spoons
- Food colours – I used assorted colours. For a neon effect use americolour colours from the electric colour range
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips