Milk and cookies are the ultimate comfort combo. The can put a smile on any face and make any tummy happy. I got super inspired, and wanted to bring you guys a homemade, completely edible Oreo Milk and Cookie Shot! For more Oreo recipes, check out my Oreo Tart and Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich.
For this recipe you’ll need my homemade Oreo cookie dough. You can find that recipe here. This recipe comes with an edible saucer and chocolate spoon, but you could also make the Oreo cookie shots by themselves. But let’s face it…who would say no to more chocolate?!
- Preheat a moderate oven (350°F/175°C)
- Knead ⅓ of your chilled Oreo cookie dough. Sprinkle flour onto your bench and roll it out so that it’s only a few millimeters thin.
- Thoroughly spray your cupcake tray with nonstick spray.
- Use a cookie cutter (roughly the same size as the holes on your cupcake tin) and cut out 6 circles from the dough. Place each circle into the bottom of your cupcake tray.
- Use a knife or an offset spatula to cut a square out of the dough. Create a circle and press it into the cupcake mold. Fill in any gaps with dough scraps. Scrape the top of the cupcake tray for a clean finish. Do this for all sections of your cupcake tray.
- Take the other ⅓ of your dough out of the fridge/freezer. Repeat the first step.
- Use a large circle cutter to cut out 3 large circles. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use the back of a small circle cutter to make an indent on the 3 large circles.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Shape your small pieces of parchment paper into the shape of a cup, and place them in each section of the mold. Then, fill those parchment paper cups with rice.
- Make sure they don’t spill onto the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, remove the rice and parchment paper. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- While your large cookies are still hot, place a cup onto the indents made in the large cookies to make a flat indent.
- Spoon melted chocolate onto the larger cookie pieces. Drip any excess off into another bowl. Run your finger around the cookie for a clean edge. Do this for all large cookie pieces.
- Let the cookie shots cool in their cupcake tray for 5 minutes before removing.
- Place melted white chocolate into the spoon mold. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Line your cookie shots with white chocolate. Spoon 2 teaspoons of white chocolate. Rotate so that the chocolate completely coats the inside all the way up to the lip of the cookie. Let any excess drip out the side of the cookie.
- Dip the top of your cookies in crushed Oreos.
- Pop your white chocolate spoons out of the fridge. Place them onto your large cookie saucers.
- Pour milk into your cookie shot, and top with whipped cream.
Milk + Cookies = 😍
For the printable recipe, click here: http://bit.ly/2i8uk9k
What You’ll Need:
Home made OREO Cookie dough:
- Plain / all purpose flour
- Dry uncooked rice, or baking beads or lentils will also work
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Mini Oreo cookies (for decoration)
- Whipped cream in a can (for decoration)
- Melted white chocolate
- Melted dark chocolate
- Tall cupcake tray (mine is from IKEA) or a popover tray, or dariole mould – you can also use a regular cupcake tray
- Spoon chocolate mould (optional)
- Rolling pin
- Non stick spray
- Offset spatula or sharp knife
- Parchment paper – 1 sheet to line your baking sheet + 12 smaller squares
- 2 x circle cookie cutters – I used 1 x 10.5cm / 4 1/4″ and 1 x 5.5cm / 2″)
- Baking sheet
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips