Unicorns are the majestic and beautiful creatures that have taken the world by storm; from television to Starbucks drinks. I know how I feel about unicorns, and I know how I feel about cake… so I wanted to bring you guys an awesome rainbow recipe that brings the two together. This is my Rainbow Unicorn Cloud Cake! If you think unicorns are real, check out my Unicorn Cake and Unicorn Milkshake.
One of the biggest pieces of advice I can give you is to add a little bit of vodka to your food colours when painting the rainbow (I know…). It may seem a bit alarming, but Vodka actually helps let the food colours set faster. I promise you’ll thank me later!
- Roll cookie dough and make a rainbow shape. Cut each end to make it sharp.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown.
- Cover the rainbow shape with thin fondant.
- Mix food colors with a little bit of vodka and brush on the rainbow. Let it set.
- Remove browned edges on cake. Stack the cakes with a thin layer of buttercream in between. Slice the cake layers in half and carve into a cloud shape.
- Add a layer of buttercream frosting to the outside of the cake.
- Cover the cake layers in white fondant.
- Roll blue fondant and cover the whole cake board.
- Place the clouds on the corners.
- Slice the top part and stick the cookie rainbow on top.
- Optional: Add unicorn star sprinkles
Unicorns are real! 🦄🦄🦄
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2pXE7Ty
What You’ll Need:
- Fondant (white and blue)
- 8 Rainbow Vanilla Cake Layers
- Buttercream Frosting
- Cookie dough
- Food colours