Rainbows+Baking=my favorite kind of recipe! I’ve done tons of rainbow recipes in the past (everything from a GIANT Rainbow Cupcake, to Rainbow Milkshakes, to Rainbow Brownies), but this one is a fairly basic recipe. I want to show you guys how to make simple Rainbow Layer Cupcakes.
For this recipe, you’ll want to work with a vanilla box cake. Box cakes actually hold all of the rainbow colors together a lot better than homemade cakes do. Make sure that you have the ingredients to make the cupcakes! You’ll also want bowls that are exactly the same size so that you can evenly distribute the cake batter.
- Preheat a moderate oven (175C/350F)
- Make vanilla cake batter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Divide cake batter into six bowls.
Place a different color food dye in each bowl and mix well.
Dollop a teaspoon of blue cupcake batter to the bottom of each cupcake liner in the cupcake tray. Use the back of the spoon to level it out.
Repeat this with purple, green, yellow, orange, and red.
- Bake in a moderate oven 12-14 minutes.
- Place buttercream frosting into a piping with an open piping tip.
- Pipe a swirl on the top of the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle sprinkles over the top of the frosting.
🌈Trust me, you’ll never make a plain vanilla cupcake after this🌈
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gKMc9a
What You’ll Need:
- Vanilla packet mix (and ingredients to correspond with the manufacturer’s instructions!)
- Buttercream frosting
- Rainbow star sprinkles
- Americolor Electric Color food dye
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake wrappers
- 6 bowls
- Piping Bag
- Open piping tip
- 2 spoons
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips