Unicorns are truly the most majestic creatures on this planet (yes, they’re real). They’re so majestic, that they don’t poop like the rest of the world… they poop rainbow stars! That’s right, rainbow stars! Today, I want to bring you a recipe that shows these beautiful creatures in their truest form. These are my Rainbow Unicorn Piñata Cookies. If you LOVE unicorns, check out my Rainbow Unicorn Cake and my Rainbow Unicorn Shake.
For this recipe, you’ll need a double batch of my sugar cookies. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also need some unicorn cookie cutters. Each cookie calls for 3 cookies. If you want these cookies to “poop,” make sure you cut a slot near the unicorn’s bottom of the middle cookie.
- Working with room temperature cookie dough, roll your batch into a shape that resembles an elephant trunk. It should be thicker on one end, and thinner on the other.
- Cut into 6 even lengths.
- Colour each dough a different color, and roll the cookie dough until the color goes through.
- Shape each color into a long rectangle and wrap them in plastic wrap, and transfer to the fridge.
- Take your first color (I chose purple) . This should be your smallest amount of dough. Roll it into a long and thin cylinder. Make sure it fits on your baking sheet.
- Place it on a baking sheet line with parchment paper, and transfer to the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll your your next smallest piece (I chose blue), and roll it out so that it’s flat and thin. Place your purple piece of cookie dough on the blue dough, and wrap the blue dough around so that it covers the purple dough completely. Pace it onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the previous step with increasing cookie dough size. My order was green, yellow, orange, and red, and freezing in between each layer.
- Let your giant log of cookie dough freeze for 6 hours.
- Preheat a moderate oven (175C/350F)
- Once frozen, trim off each end from the log and discard.
- Cut about 1 inch thick slices of cookie dough from the log. Also cut a few thinly sliced cookies. Cut the circle in half, and you have a perfect rainbow.
- Sprinkle flour onto your bench. Use a rolling pin to roll out your disk.
- Once the disk is rolled out thin, use the unicorn cookie cutter to cut out a unicorn.
- Transfer him to your baking sheet line with parchment paper. Do this with all your cookie pieces.
- Take all your cookie dough scraps and press them together. Don’t blend them together or they’ll make a brown color, but press them close together and roll them out with a rolling pin.
- Place these on a separate baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a small circle cutter to cut out three circles from the center.
- Cut a section below the tail off of the cookie dough from the center pieces if you want it to be a pooping unicorn cookie.
- Bake all cookie pieces in a moderate oven for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t get too brown!
- Spoon Nutella into a snap seal bag. Fill another snap seal bag with melted white chocolate. Cut a fine corner tip.
- Outline the cookie with white chocolate, then glue on a center piece.
- Fill the center with sprinkles. Then, outline the cookie with melted white chocolate (except for where the butt is) and glue on the top piece of cookie. If you don’t the cookie to poop stars, you can also fill that center with gooey Nutella or frosting.
This recipe is for unicorns only! 🦄🦄🦄
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gUz6JB
What You’ll Need:
- Double batch of sugar cookie dough
- Star sprinkles
- Melted white chocolate
- Food colour paste in the colors of the rainbow
- Unicorn cookie cutter
- Circle cookie cutter
- Snap seal bags
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips