The idea of rainbow frosted cupcakes may seem daunting. Thinking about all the piping bags, all the cleaning, and all the time seems exhausting…but it doesn’t have to be! I’m going to show you an amazing technique to make gradient cupcakes that only requires ONE piping bag (I know!)
For this recipe, you’ll need cupcakes, buttercream frosting in various colours (I used pink, yellow, blue, and purple), and luster dust. That’s it! This recipe is soooo easy, but soooo beautiful!
- Spoon your various buttercream frosting into a piping bag with an open piping tip. Scoop in pink first, then yellow, then blue, then purple, then pink again.
- Pipe swirls onto each of your cupcakes. The first cupcake will be very pink, but the colors will shift gradually after each swirl. Certain colors we’ll even start to blend, too, and you’ll end up with hints of orange and green in your frosting!
- Add a pinch of gold lustre and with 3 tablespoons of water and mix well.
- Use a pastry brush to flick the gold specks onto the frosting to give your cupcakes a galaxy look.
What You’ll Need:
- Buttercream Frosting (pink, yellow, blue, and purple)
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Gold Lustre Dust
- 3 tablespoons Water
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips