I’m going to say it right here, right now: I DO NOT have a green thumb. Gardening is NOT my thing (I can even kill a succulent. Yes, it’s possible…). I’m going to stick to baking, but I do like to bring some gardening into my life every now again. Even if it’s fake gardening. This is my Strawberry Patch Pie! For more gardening desserts check out my Spring Garden Cupcakes and my Cactus Cupcakes
What really takes this recipe over the top is the fresh mint! No one eats the tops of the strawberry, but adding mint makes this entirely edible. It’s perfectly refreshing, and reminds me of spring and summer. Enjoy!
1. Mix the crushed oreos with the melted butter and press firmly on your pan. Set in the fridge 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the cream with the milk chocolate chips and melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
3. Using a sharp knife, gently remove the hull of the strawberry as well as the leaves. Replace with some mint leaves.
4. Pour the ganache in the tin, about ¾ up and gently push the strawberries. Let it set in the fridge for about 30 mins.
5. Serve and enjoy!
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2o0iS56
What You’ll Need:
- A bowl of fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint
- 2 cups of crushed oreos
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 300 g milk chocolate chips
- 150ml heavy cream
- Sharp knife
- Glass tart pan
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips