March 2nd was Dr. Seuss’s birthday, and I felt so nostalgic and inspired! His words have resonated with me so much over the course of my life; from childhood to now reading his stories to my own children. He truly did inspire the world with his words, so I wanted to share a very special Dr. Seuss recipe with you! These are my Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham cupcakes! If you love these Dr. Seuss cupcakes, check out my Truffula Tree Cupcakes and my Thing 1 & Thing 2 Cupcakes.
One of my fave parts of this recipe are the very Seuss-like lines on the Green Eggs and Ham! This is most easily achieved by using an edible marker! It really adds the final touch on these cupcakes!
- Take a small spoonful of white candy melts/white chocolate and dollop it onto a piece of parchment paper. Use your spoon to push the edges out so that it starts to look like an egg. Place a green M&M in the center of each egg. You’ll want 1-2 eggs per cupcake. Let them set.
- Use your green taffy for form the shape of a ham leg. Then, use an edible marker to draw cartoon lines on each taffy.
- Once the white chocolate is set, use the edible marker to draw cartoon lines on each egg, as well.
- For your “Green Egg,” cupcakes, place the green cupcake wrappers around chocolate cupcakes. Then, pipe a low swirl of chocolate frosting over the top. Then, place green egg candies onto the frosting.
- For your “Ham,” cupcakes, place the white cupcake wrappers around chocolate cupcakes. Then, pipe a low swirl of vanilla buttercream frosting over the top. Then, place ham candies onto the frosting.
I think I like green eggs and ham…as long as they’re in cupcake form!
For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2o72oJa
What You’ll Need:
- Green Taffy
- 2oz/57 grams White Candy Melts/White Chocolate
- Green M&Ms
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Frosting
- Buttercream Frosting
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips