Not all of us are born with a green thumb. I know I wasn’t because gardening definitely isn’t my thing (I do have a frosting thumb if it means anything!). For mother’s day I came up with a recipe that brings the sweet side to gardening. These are my Spring Gardening Cupcakes. For more recipes in a terracotta pot you can check out my Cactus Cupcakes.
For this recipe, you’ll want rich and decadent chocolate cupcakes. You can find that recipe here. What really brings the recipe together are these terracotta pots. They super inexpensive, and can be used more than once. The best part, you can actually bake your cupcakes right in the pots! They’re awesome!
- Use a spoon to spread Nutella over the top of a chocolate cupcake.
- Dip the Nutella spread on the cupcake directly into the finely crushed Oreos.
- Place cupcake into terracotta pot.
- Use your fingers to mold the purple Starbursts into a circle. Pinch the bottom so it begins to take on the shape of a beet.
- Stick a toothpick through the candy, and remove it.
- Place the mint leaf straight through the toothpick hole.
- Use a toothpick to move the cookie crumbles from the top of the cupcake. Then, apply a small amount of Nutella to the bottom of the purple candy.
- To make a radish candy, cut a red Starbursts into 4 equal squares. With three of the squares, roll them into circles and pinch them at the bottom for that root looking appearance. Place a toothpick through one of the radishes to make a guide hole for the mint leaf. Place a mint leaf in the toothpick hole, and bunch the 3 radishes together. Place it directly on top of the cupcake.
- To make a carrot candy, cut an orange Starburst in half. Then, pinch and roll the orange candy until it takes the shape of a carrot. Stick a toothpick through the top of the carrot, and place a mint leaf into the toothpick hole on each carrot. Dig one carrot into the top of the cupcake, and let another carrot cupcake lay right on top.
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2j5SRgQ
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Mint leaves
- Finely crushed Oreos
- Starbursts (red, orange, and purple)
- Terracotta pots
- Cupcake liners
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips