Master Chef judge, author, YouTuber and AMAZING cook Donal Skehan is joining me today for a peanut butter challenge. That’s right, Donal and I are going to bring you totally unique peanut butter recipes and YOU GUYS are gonna have to tell us who made the better dessert (I love Donal buuuuut I think I got him on this one!). Donal made a delicious and tasty Peanut Butter Snickers Squares. I’m going to be making Peanut Butter Dessert Shooters.
For this recipe you’ll be using chocolate ganache. You can learn all about ganache here! The peanut butter challenge is super fun, and Donal’s squares were also delicious. Just remember everyone: THESE CONTAIN NUTS!
- Bring the cream and vanilla to the boil in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Once the cream is boiling, remove from heat, add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has completely melted
- Allow to cool slightly, then pour into a zip lock bag and pipe approximately 1.5cm into the bottom of 6-8 shot glasses
- Sprinkle with an additional 1cm of oreo cookies
- Combine the cream and powdered sugar and whisk until just combined. Do not over whisk.
- Combine the peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla and whisk until smooth
- Add the cream and sugar mix into the peanut butter mix, gently folding until the two are just combined
- Fill a zip lock bag with the mixture and pipe into shot glasses, leaving approx 1cm at the top of each glass
- Top with chunks of Peanut Butter Cups and drizzle with ganache.
- Refrigerate 2 hours prior to serving
I’m NUTS for this peanut butter challenge! Who do you think won? Or can we call it a tie 😌
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hEm3uz
What You’ll Need:
For the ganache:
- 4.5 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- + 6 Oreo cookies, roughly crushed
For the peanut butter mixture:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Approx 6 large Reece’s Peanut Butter cups
- Sharp knife
- Piping bag
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips.