Bake sales can be all day in the kitchen preparing for the big day, but it doesn’t have to be! Today, I’m going to show you some incredibly easy hacks that incorporate some store bought elements with home made ones. No matter which of these recipes you bring to the bake sale, everyone will be soooo impressed with what you bring. (I promise, nobody has to know that some of it was store bought!).
Some of these recipes call to working with chocolate. For tips on how to thin, melt, and colour chocolate, check out my helpful video here. The purpose of this video was to hack, and make some of these recipes a little bit easier, but but if you want to make everything by hand, the sky’s the limit!
Banoffee Cream Pies:
- Store bought tart cases
- Can of caramel
- Snap seal bags
- Sharp knife
- Large bowls
- Electric hand mixer
- Use your electric hand mixer to beat the canned caramel for 30 seconds to 1 minute so that it’s smooth.
- Beat your whipping cream so that it reaches firm peaks.
- Place your caramel and whipped cream into their own snap seal bag.
- Use a sharp knife to thinly slice your banana. Place a banana slice into the bottom of each of your tart shells.
- Pipe the caramel over the banana into the tart shell. Tap the shells on your bench to level off the caramel.
- Cut a generous tip from the corner of your whipped cream snap seal bag. Pipe a swirl in the center of your tart.
“Home Made,” Choc Chip S’Mores Sandwiches
- Chocolate chip cookies (store bought is fine!)
- White marshmallows
- Milk chocolate pieces (compound melts, not containing cocoa)
- Preheat your oven to its lowest possible temperature.
- Place cookies flat side up on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place 3 milk chocolate pieces onto each cookie.
- Place a marshmallow onto the center of each of the cookies.
- Place a chocolate melt on top of each marshmallow.
- Place in the oven. Watch the cookies. Once the marshmallows begin to slightly swell, take them out of the oven.
- Take a cookie, and press them directly onto the cookie. The marshmallow should melt perfectly.
- For easy transporting, place each cookie in a cupcake liner. Place them in the freezer.
Caramel Twix Pie
- Premade pie shell
- Melted compound milk chocolate
- Can of caramel
- Twix bars
- Snap seal bag
- Sharp knife
- Electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Place your can of caramel into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer to smooth out the caramel.
- Chop up your Twix bars so that they are chunky.
- Pour caramel into tart shell.
- Place Twix pieces over the top of the pie.
- Cut a fine corner tip from the snap seal bag with melted chocolate. Drizzle melted chocolate over the entire top of the cake.
Lamington Mini Cakes
- Sponge cake
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Assorted sprinkles (crushed up chocolate bars, rainbow sprinkles, and coconut).
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- Combine cocoa and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add in your water a little bit at a time and continue to stir. This should be the consistency of icing.
- Cut your sponge cake into even squares.
- Place the sponge square into the icing and coat evenly.
- Hold the square over the baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle desired sprinkles over the top of the cake.
- Let them set for about an hour on the baking sheet.
Chocolate Tiny Teddy Tartlets
- Milk chocolate pieces
- Whipping cream
- Chocolate teddy bears
- Tart shells
- Pour whipping cream over the milk chocolate.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals and stir in between. You should only have to microwave for about a minute.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into the tart shells.
- Stick at chocolate teddy bear into the tart shell.
- Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles directly over the melted chocolate.
Sweet Fruit Kebabs
- Fresh strawberries
- Dark chocolate pieces
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals, and stir in between. Once completely melted, transfer to a snap seal bag.
- Place a marshmallow on your lollipop stick or skewer. Then, add a strawberry. Alternate between marshmallows and strawberries.
- Place the skewers on a piece of parchment paper.
- Cut a fine tip from the corner of your snap seal bag full of chocolate. Then, quickly drizzle fine lines back and forth over all of your kabobs.
- Transfer to a serving tray to set.
Who is ready to rock the bake sale?! 🐻
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2ip9BRy
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips