Honestly, where would any of us be without technology (My Cupcake Addiction wouldn’t even be on YouTube!). Technology really is the greatest thing ever. That’s why today I’m teaming up with Squarespace to give you guys a technology based recipe: these are Laptop Computer Cupcakes! You can also make some Social Media Cupcakes
For this recipe, you’ll need cupcakes to frost. You can check out my decadent chocolate cupcake recipe here. You’ll also want my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. My favorite part of this recipe are the edible images on the laptop screens. You can get these on Ebay or at bakeries. It’s the perfect touch to your cupcakes, and everyone will be SO impressed when they see these screens on your computer!
- Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil. Fold it in half about 4 times, and keep the aluminum nice and flat. Then, let it resemble the shape of an open laptop. Set it aside.
- Sprinkle corn flour on your bench and roll out your black fondant. Roll it out so that it’s the size of a tea plate.
- Take your 2 stacked Legos and press down on the side of the fondant. Then, leave a gap for what will be the keyboard. Press down and make another indent.
- Use a sharp knife to cut away a large rectangle with both lego indents.
- Use the edge of a Lego block to make 6 lines onto your keyboard section.
- Press the harrow edge of your Lego to make 3 lines on the right and left hand side of the keyboard.
- Use a small sharp knife to hand make the rest of the keyboard key details.
- To create the trackpad, use that same knife to create a rectangle with two lines at the bottom.
- Slide your sharp knife under the edible picture to peel it away from the paper.
- Dip a paintbrush in water and paint a thin coat of water onto the computer screen. Place the edible image where the indent of the screen is on the fondant.
- Create a deep indent between the screen and the keyboard, but don’t let it go all the way through the fondant.
- Fold your fondant in half where you made the indent. Then, place the laptop on the aluminum stand of foil made earlier.
- Roll a small piece of fondant so that it takes on the size of a mini jellybean. Use a sharp knife to create a line ⅓ of the way down across on your mouse and a line in between that.
- Place a high mound of frosting on a cupcake. Then, use that back of your knife so that the frosting is flat topped (learn how to do flat top frosting here).
- Place your laptop and mouse straight onto the cupcake.
How much do you guys LOVE these mini fondant laptops?! 💻
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hQpHoe
What You’ll Need:
- Cupcakes to frost
- Fondant (Black for most computers, white and great for Mac)
- Buttercream frosting
- Edible images (these can usually be printed at your local cake supply store, and there are providers on Ebay who will print them and post them out to you)
- Aluminum foil
- Craft mat or cutting board
- Fondant rolling pin
- 2 x regular Lego bricks
- Sharp knife
- Butter knife
- Laptop Image Template
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips