While collabing with Jamie’s World, we did the Bean Boozled challenge… and it’s something I hope I never have to experience again. I’m still having nightmares about canned dog food flavor and vomit flavored jelly beans… I’d rather not have to see these Bean Boozled Jelly Belly’s again, but I decided I’m going to make an entire Jelly Belly Cake featuring some of these truly foul flavours! If you love Jelly Beans, check out my Giant Jelly Bean Cupcake.
For this cake you’ll need four vanilla cakes, and you can find my classic vanilla cake recipe here. You’ll also want my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. You can take this recipe with or without the potentially gross Bean Boozle flavours. It’s up to you, but if you do use them you should probably tell your guests that they’re in there.
- Take a piece of parchment paper and fold it in half, and fold it in half again. Cut them so that you have even sized pieces of parchment paper.
- Cover the entirety of the parchment paper with melted white chocolate. Place the parchment paper pieces on a baking tray lined with a large piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of rainbow sprinkles over the top of the white chocolate squares. You’ll want to make 14-18 of these.
- Press another baking sheet over the top of the other baking sheet to firmly compress the squares. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Pour white chocolate into a snap seal bag, and cut off a corner tip. Pipe white chocolate directly over the grooves of the plastic divider. Tap the mold onto the bench. Use an offset spatula so that it’s completely even. Then, transfer it to the freezer.
- Smear buttercream frosting on a cake board. Then, place a vanilla cake over the frosting. Frost the top of the cake, and add a layer of jam over the frosting. Repeat this process until all your cakes are stacked. Do not put jam on the top layer.
- Frost the entire outside of the cake. Let it set in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut out your jelly belly template. Tape 2 skewers to the back of the template. Set off to the side.
- Take your baking sheets out of the fridge. Remove the top baking sheet off. Carefully peel away the parchment paper from the white chocolate covered in sprinkles.
- Take your plastic mold out of the freezer. Peel the mold away from the white chocolate.
- Take your cake out of the freezer. Add another layer of frosting.
- Stick a knife in boiling water. Then, use the knife to trim the white chocolate divider as needed.
- Place the white chocolate divider on the top of the cake.
- Place the white chocolate sprinkled panels on the outside of the cake.
- Add Jelly Bellys to each section of the cake. Feel free to throw in a couple of Bean Boozled flavors if you want!
- Place the Jelly Belly logo in the back of the cake.
- Tie a red ribbon around the edge of the cake.
I hope I NEVER have to eat some Bean Boozle flavours again. What flavours would you dare to try? 😲
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hXY5td
What You’ll Need:
- 50 flavor jelly belly box set (make sure to keep the plastic divider inside!)
- One small packet of Bean Boozled Jelly Bellys
- 4 (1x6x9) vanilla cakes
- 300g melted white chocolate
- TONS of sprinkles
- Buttercream frosting
- Raspberry Jam
- Cake board
- Snap seal bag
- Offset spatula
- Jelly Belly logo
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6|
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips