It’s hard being a dessert foodie. So many calories, and so many desserts to try! Today, I decided to partner up with Olivia from Love, Food, and Fitness to bring you a healthy inspired dessert (I say inspired because my dish is only healthy-ish!). Olivia made a low calorie and low fat “appletizer,” that you can check out right here. Here on My Cupcake Addiction, I’ll be showing you how to make these delicious Apple Pie Tacos.
Once this recipe is complete, it’s great to have guests build their own tacos.That gives them control to add however much or little apple or whipped cream they want in their taco. It’s also more fun!
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and mix together.
- Use a large serrated circle cutter to cut the tortillas down to a smaller size.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan so that it’s medium hot. Then, drop a tortilla into the oil. Cook for about 7 seconds and flip it over. Let it cook for another 7 seconds, and use your tongs so that it takes the shape of a taco shell.
- Place the fried tortilla in your cinnamon sugar mix. Coat the shell well. Let it set on the paper towel.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Use an apple peeler to peel all of the apples.
- Cut the apples into small cubes.
- Place the apple cubes into another saucepan. Then, add ½ cup of cinnamon sugar mixture and sprinkle it over the top. Then, pour over brown sugar and butter over the apples. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Make sure to continue to stir.
- Use an electric hand mixer to beat your whipping cream to firm peaks.
- Spoon apple mixture into the tortilla shells. Spoon whipped cream over the top.
How do you like them apples? 🍎 Let’s taco bout it! 🌮
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hXUYBs
What You’ll Need:
- 4 good sized green or red apples (or 5 smaller ones)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly compacted
- 2 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted is fine)
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 300ml whipping cream
- Enough oil (I used canola oil) to cover the bottom 2cm / 1/2″ of a saucepan or frypan
- Approx. 12 soft flour tortillas
- Serrated circle cutter
- Wooden spoon
- 2 Saucepans
- Sharp knife
- Absorbent paper towels
- Baking sheet
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips