Going to the doctor used to ALWAYS freak me out as a kid, but this recipe should give you a whole new perspective on shots. These Twix Cupcakes with Caramel Shots are going to give you a sugar rush like you’ve never had before (in the best way obviously!). Also, obvious warning, but don’t actually inject caramel into you skin. These syringes don’t actually have needles and injecting caramel is probably pretty dangerous!
All of the ingredients are listed below. The best part about this cake is, without a doubt, the caramel injection! You can push the caramel right into the center of your cupcake, or take it out of the cupcake and drizzle the caramel over the top! YUM!
- Preheat a moderate oven (175°C/350°F)
- Place 6 shortbread cookies in a snap seal, and use a rolling pin to finely crush the cookies.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter and pour them over your crushed cookies. Stir through so that it’s well combined.
- Line a cupcake tray with 6 liners.
- Spoon in the mixture to the bottom of the cupcake liners. Use the bottom of a rolling pin to squish the base in and confirm they are well compact. Set aside.
- Add brown sugar, softened butter, vanilla essence, and oil on a high speed for 2 minutes. Add in an egg during the last 20-30 seconds.
- Add flour and milk, and beat for another 30 seconds and the dry ingredients are nicely combined.
- Spoon your mixture out to the top of the base so that the cupcake wrappers are about ⅔ of the way full.
- Place into a moderate oven for 14 minutes, or until the center springs back. Once finished, take them out of the oven and let them cool completely.
- Pour your can of caramel in a large bowl. Then, use an electric hand mixer to smooth out the caramel.
- Suck up the caramel into 6 syringes. Wipe off the bottoms, and place them on a baking sheet to set.
- Split your frosting into 2 separate large bowls. Pour melted caramel over the frosting, and melted chocolate over the other frosting. Stir both of those frostings through very well.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut a tip off a piping bag. Put in an open piping tip.
- Spoon in your chocolate buttercream frosting, and your caramel buttercream frosting so that the two halves are dispersed evenly and vertically in the piping bag.
- Use a sharp knife and roughly cut Twix bars into triangular shards.
- Pipe high swirls onto each of the cupcakes.
- Transfer melted chocolate into a snap seal bag. Cut a fine tip off the corner of the snap seal bag. Drizzle melted chocolate over the tops of all the cupcakes.
- Place a Twix shard on top. Then, place a syringe directly into the cupcake. Repeat this for all of the cupcakes.
If these were the kind of shots that the doctor gave me, I’d be much more excited about check ups! 💉
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hU7thu
What You’ll Need:
- 6 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1tbsp butter, melted
- 85g / 3oz Plain flour, sifted + 1 tsp Baking powder (Or you can just use self raising flour)
- 75g / 2.5oz Brown Sugar
- 85g / 3oz Butter, softened
- 35ml Whole milk
- 1 x 65g/2.2oz Eggs, room temperature (ex-large)
- 20g / 0.5oz Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tin of pre-made caramel (or you can make your own but make sure its not too thick)
- Melted milk chocolate
- 1 Twix bar
- Small batch frosting recipe:
- 300g / 10oz Powdered sugar
- 110g / 4oz Butter, softened (eqv. 1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp whole milk
- Electric mixer
- Electric hand mixer
- 3 large bowls
- Piping bag
- Open piping tip
- Rolling pin
- Snap Seal Bag
- Plastic syringes
- Cupcake tray
- 6 cupcake liners
- Baking sheet
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips