We’ve brought you so many techniques on how to frost a cupcake. Today is another one of those blogs! I’m excited to show you some frosting technique styles on probably my FAVORITE type of piping tip: the star piping tip! The piping tip is quite tight, which shows great detail on the frosting.
The only thing you’ll need for this recipe is buttercream frosting, and a cupcake to frost. You can find my buttercream frosting recipe here, and my cupcake recipe here. I’ll be showing you how to pipe on 3 different sized piping tips.
Little Pointy Peaks (small)
- Pipe a rough mound of frosting.
- Use a knife to level it off so that it’s flat.
- Starting on the outermost edge, pipe a small quick dot, and life and remove quickly.
- Repeat until it covers the entire surface of the cake.
- Use a paintbrush to paint on gold Luster Dust for an extra effect.
Bi Colour Swirley Stack (small)
- Properly add 2 different colors of frosting to your snap seal bag.
- Around the edge of the cupcake, pipe low swirls that overlap.
- Once you cover the entire top of the cake, swirl directly over the top of the swirl and continue to pipe.
Classic Low Swirl (medium)
- Pipe frosting to the center of your cupcake, and swirl around the center along the edges.
The Mega Frosting Swirl (medium)
- Start along the outside and pipe the outside edges of the cupcake. Move towards the center, then make a swirl.
- Then, on top of that swirl, make another small MINI swirl!
Tall Frosting Swirl (large)
- Starting from the center, pipe in a circular motion. Then, swirl up the rest of the cupcake. Pull away.
Rainbow Frosting Swirl (large)
- Add an array of colors (I’m using yellow, pink, and blue) to a disposable piping bag. Layer them so that they’re almost equally dispersed in the piping bag.
- Use your fingers to press the buttercream frosting down the bag.
- Pipe a tall frosting swirl
So much frosting…so many styles! 🌼
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gTBal0
What You’ll Need:
- Piping Bag
- Star Piping Tip
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips