A round piping tip may seem boring to most, but if in the hands of the right baker, it can be anything from boring. Today, I’m going to show you how to be that baker with 5 frosting styles you can use with a round piping tip. These are all as easy as they are aesthetically pleasing!
To get started you only need a few things: my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting, a cupcake to frost, 1 marshmallow, and a round piping tip. I’m going to be using 3 piping tip sizes during this how to!
Low Smooth Swirl (medium piping tip)
- Start on the outside edge of the cupcake.
- When the frosting is about to meet, slightly lift the piping bag. This will make it look like a slant.
- Finish with pulling away giving the top a nice swirl!
The Spikey Peaks (medium piping tip)
- Pipe a blob onto the cupcake. Then, pull up quickly.
- Repeat this until the entire surface of the cake is covered.
The Little Beehive (small piping tip)
- Use a knife to scoop on a flat layer of green frosting to your cupcake.
- Place a marshmallow in the center.
- Use your thin piping tip to start at the base, and pipe in a spiral upward around the marshmallow. Meet together at the top.
One Squeeze Wonder (large piping tip)
- Pipe one large squeeze of frosting.
- Once you’re halfway up the frosting mound, pull away very quickly.
Multi Colored Swirl
- Spoon in your first color of buttercream frosting. Try not to get any of it on the top of the bag.
- Spoon in a second color of frosting, and place it down towards the bag so that it overlaps with the first color.
- Place the bag on its side. Use your hands to squeeze the colours down the piping tip.
- Pipe a high 4 coil swirl on a cupcake!
Which frosting style is your fave? I LOVE the beehive! 🍯
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gTK6qJ
What You’ll Need:
- Buttercream Frosting
- Cupcakes to Frost
- Piping Bag
- Round Piping Tip
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips