When it gets scorching hot in Australia, I actually don’t want to be anywhere near the oven. The heat will never stop me or my sweet tooth, though! Today, I’m bringing you a recipe that will help you cool down this summer. These are my 2 Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches! For more Oreo treats, check out my no bake Oreo Cookies and Cream Tart.
This recipe really is as simple as it seems. Oreo cookies + ice cream, and sandwich together! My favorite part of this recipe is being able to make the cookies and cream ice cream yourself. The high quality vanilla ice cream is still cheaper than a lot of pre-flavored ice creams, and it just tastes better. The high quality vanilla ice cream is essential, though, because it refreezes better. Lower quality ice creams tend to get icy when you put them back in the freezer.
- Place Oreos into a snap seal bag. Use a rolling pin to smash the cookies.
- Take softened vanilla ice cream and pour them into a bowl.
- Pour the crushed Oreos into the ice cream and stir them through.
- Pour cookies and cream ice cream directly into your baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 hours.
- Twist your cookies to split them in half. Use a knife to remove the cream.
- Once your ice cream is completely frozen, take your circle cutter and press it firmly into the ice cream.
- Slide the ice cream between two Oreo cookie halves. Repeat this for all of the cookies.
- Freeze again in an airtight container.
How many of these delicious bite sized Oreo ice cream sandwiches do you think you’re going to eat? 😋
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gUs0os
What You’ll Need:
- 1L Good quality vanilla ice cream
- 4 x packets of Oreo cookie (two to smash, two for your sandwiches)
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips