Waffles are an important part of every breakfast. Until you continue to layer them higher, and higher and smother each layer with Nutella. Then, suddenly, it’s no longer a waffle, but a waffle cake! That’s right, this is my Nutella Waffle Cake. Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast! Or is it breakfast for dessert? If you love cake for breakfast check out my Cake Breakfast.
The key to success on this recipe is cooking those waffles low and slow. You don’t want them to be too crispy or crunchy. Keeping it on a low level like 1-2 really makes it more like a waffle cake!
- Preheat your waffle maker so that it’s on 1 or 2 for lightness or browning.
- Add all ingredients to the electric mixer and beat on a low speed. Raise to high speed for about a minute in a half. The mixture should resemble chocolate moose.
- Spray nonstick spray onto the waffle maker so that it’s well coated.
- Place a large spoonful into each waffle quadrant. Do not overfill.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Run your knife vertically and horizontally through the Nutella. Turn your waffle maker off, but let the waffles stand in the waffle maker for about an hour. Run a knife through the center, and around the waffles.
- After cooling in the waffle maker for about an hour, remove the waffle from the waffle maker.
- Place Nutella into a snap seal bag and cut off a corner tip. Then, drizzle Nutella over a waffle.
- Add strawberries so it covers the entire top of the waffle. Drizzle more Nutella over the strawberries.
- Place another waffle on top to make a waffle sandwich. Repeat the previous two steps until you’ve stacked your waffle cake four waffles high.
- On your top layer, fill in the waffle squares entirely so that it’s completely covered. Also, pipe Nutlla over the edges so that it looks like the Nutella is dripping down the sides of the cake.
- Top with a couple of strawberries on top.
Happiness is this Nutella cake with strawberries 🍓
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hCNioS
What You’ll Need:
- 240g / 8oz / 1.1/3cup self raising flour (or you can use all-purpose flour and add 2tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt prior to sifting)
- 60g / 2oz / 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa
- 240g / 8oz / 1cup Superfine (Caster) sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 130g / 5oz softened butter (salted or unsalted doesn’t matter here)
- 2/3 cup water
- 50g oil – olive, canola or vegetable
- 1 medium sized tub of Nutella
- 2 Punnets of Strawberries
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips