I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t LOVE Nutella (nut allergy friends do have a pass though!). It’s the chocolatey treat that’s taken the world by storm. Today, I’m going to be showing you how to make a super chocolate-y and delicious Nutella Fudge Sundae Cupcake! Check out my Nutella Cheesecake recipe here if you LOVE Nutella!
Because this is a smaller recipe, all of the quantities are listed down below. The wonderful thing about a small recipe is that it’s easy to adjust the recipe so that you can get more cupcakes. If you want it to be quadrupled, just multiply all the quantities by 4.
What You’ll Need:
For the cake batter
- 30g / 1oz Cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 X-large (or large) egg
- 120g / 4oz self raising flour (or you can use plain / all purpose flour and add 1tsp baking powder as a rising agent)
- 120g / 4oz superfine (caster) sugar
- 65g / 2.5oz butter (I used salted but you can use unsalted and add a pinch of salt)
- 1 good tablespoon of Nutella
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2tbsp oil (olive or vegetable are best but any will do)
- 1/3 cup water
- 100g / 3.5oz dark chocolate
- 50ml / 2oz cream (whipping cream or pouring cream are fine here)
- 300g / 11oz powdered sugar
- 100g / 3 3/4oz butter (I used salted but you can use unsalted and add a pinch of salt)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Ice cream cone wafers
- Crushed nuts
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Cherries with stems
- Electric mixer
- Ice cream scooper/Spoon
- Sharp knife
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake wrappers (six)
- 2 piping bags
- 2 open piping tips
- Preheat a moderate oven (175°C/350°F)
- Add all of the dry and wet ingredients for the cake batter into an electric mixer. Beat on a low speed for about 20 seconds, then increase to a high speed for another minute. This mixture should be thick and fluffy.
- Line your cupcake tray with cupcake wrappers. Scoop/spoon in cupcake batter so that it’s about ⅔ full.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 14 minutes, or until the center springs back in the middle.
- Place 50ml of cream over 100 grams of dark chocolate. Microwave for 30 second intervals and stir in between. This should only take about 1 minute. Transfer to a snap seal bag and set aside.
- Divide your buttercream evenly into 2 separate bowls. Spoon in 2 tablespoons of Nutella into one of your buttercream frostings and mix until it’s well combined.
- Cut a tip from a piping bag and place your open piping tip inside. Then, spoon in white buttercream frosting. Do the same with the Nutella buttercream frosting. Spoon Nutella into a snap seal bag, and cut off a generous corner tip.
- Use a sharp knife (or cupcake corer if you have one) to core out a small center piece from the cupcakes. Pipe Nutella directly into that core.
- Pipe a low swirl of white buttercream frosting to the top of the cupcake. Add sprinkles around the edge of the outside edges of the frosting.
- Pipe a tight, high swirl of Nutella frosting in the center.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the wafers on a diagonal line so that they make 2 triangles per wafer.
- Cut a fine tip from the snap seal bag with chocolate ganache. Pipe the ganache over the Nutella frosting so that it looks like dripping chocolate falling from the frosting. While the ganache is still wet, sprinkle nuts over the top of top of the cake.
- Place a cherry on top, and a wafer triangle into the back of the cupcake.
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hqlWEU
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips