Who says that you can’t like sweets and sports? The two surprisingly go hand and hand! Well… I’ll make them go hand in hand! If you like sports sweets, you can check Football Party Ideas, but today, we’re going to have a ball with these Easy Sports Ball Cupcakes!
For this recipe, you’re going to want chocolate cupcakes already prepared. You can find that recipe here. You’ll also want my perfectly pipeable buttercream frosting. You can find that recipe here. The key to nailing this recipe is, without a doubt, getting the colors right. Tennis Ball green is a very specific kind of green. It might take some trial and error to get that color just right. And the orange should be bright orange like a basketball!
- Smear orange frosting over the top of a cupcake. Use the back of a knife to create a rounded top.
- Dip the cupcake in the orange sanding sugar. Use the palm of your hand to help form the dome into place, and press the sanding sugar into the frosting. Place the orange cupcake into the basketball cupcake liner.
- Repeat the previous three steps with a cupcake with white frosting, and white nonpareils sprinkles. Place that in baseball cupcake liner.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the green frosting and the tennis ball green coconut sprinkles. Place that cupcake in a tennis ball cupcake liner.
- With white cookie icing, pipe 2 half circles onto the sides of the tennis ball cupcake.
- With red cookie icing, pipe 2 half circles onto the sides of the white baseball cupcake. Then, add laces on those half circles one side at a time.
- With brown cookie icing, pipe 2 half circles onto the sides of the orange basketball cupcake. Then pipe 2 lines right across the middle in the opposite direction.
I’m ballin’ out with these cupcakes 🎾⚾️🏀
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hALZr7
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Buttercream frosting (white, orange, and green)
- Coconut sprinkles (colored with yellow and green to form a tennis ball color green)
- White nonpareils sprinkles
- Orange sanding sugar
- Red, brown, and white cookie icing
- Cupcake wrappers (cut and taped ahead of time)
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips