Piñatas are easily one of everyone’s fave parts of a birthday party. What’s not to love? Bats+Piñata=CANDY!! I love making surprise inside desserts, and have made some fun and edible piñatas in the past, like my Giant Donut Pinata. Today, I’m collabing with iHasCupcaquake for this super kawaii Cupcake Piñata (inspired by her logo!).
For this recipe, you’re going need a silicone giant cupcake mold. If it’s not silicone, you’re going going to have a hard time peeling the chocolate away from the mold.
- Use the double boiler method to melt pink and white candy melts. Add coconut oil to help thin them out.
- Pour the pink candy melts so that it fills the top half of the giant cupcake mold. Make sure the candy melts reach the sides of the mold.
- Add most of your white candy melts to your pink candy melts to make a lighter pink. Set the rest of the white candy melts aside. Then, pour the light pink candy melts into the bottom half of the giant cupcake mold.
- Transfer both halves to the fridge to set.
- Once set, add the remaining pink candy melts to each giant cupcake mold. Use a spatula to make sure they are coated evenly on the sides.
- Transfer back to the fridge to set.
- Once set, take the molds out of the fridge. Peel the silicon mold away from the chocolate.
- Use an edible marker to draw on the eyes and face of the cupcake.
- With your remaining pink candy melts, use them as a glue to stick on the colorful rainbow coated sunflower seeds. Place them on the outside of the top half of the giant cupcake mold.
- Smear some of your candy melts onto a cake plate. Place the bottom half of the giant cupcake on the candy melts.
- Add various candies to the inside of the bottom half of the giant cupcake.
- Use a spoon to drizzle melted pink candy melts on the outer edge of the bottom of the giant cupcake mold. Then, place the top half of the mold right on the edge to line up the two halves.
- Dollop a spoonful of white candy melts over the top of the cupcake. Use a spoon to have it drizzle down the top of the cupcake. Tap it on the bench to level it off.
This giant cupcake is sooooo kawaii I don’t want to smash it! 😍
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gFRWku
What You’ll Need:
- 2 x bags Wilton Pink Candy Melts
- 1 x bag Wilton white Candy Melts
*optional: a little coconut oil (or copha or crisco works too)
- An edible marker (Americolour are the best for writing on chocolate)
- Chocolate coated sunflower seeds (or large sprinkles)
- A silicone giant cupcake mold
- TONS of candy to fill my piñata (pick your favourite kind!)
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips