One of my favorite tutorials was my Giant Cupcake with Rainbow Frosting. It kindled my love for giant dessert creations! I wanted to bring you guys another Giant cupcake, but it needed a twist. A sweet twist. Today I’ll be showing you how to make a giant cupcake….a GIANT Jellybean cupcake.
If this is your first giant rainbow cupcake, you should watch my giant cupcake masterclass where I teach you everything you need to know about the giant cupcake. You can watch that tutorial here. You’ll also want to use my decadent, rich chocolate ganache. You can find that recipe here. The beauty of this cupcake is the freedom to decorate. If you want this to be a rainbow cupcake, it can be a rainbow cupcake. If you want it to be all orange, that’s okay too! The world’s your oyster (or your giant rainbow cupcake), so have fun with it!
What You’ll Need:
- Giant cupcake
- Chocolate ganache
- Jelly Bellys (light brown, dark brown, light pink, dark pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue)
- Offset spatula
- Wire rack
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Place the bottom half of your giant cupcake upside down on a baking sheet with parchment paper, and a wire rack.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the bottom half of the giant cupcake. Let the ganache drip down the sides of that base piece. Use an offset to help evenly distribute, or to remove excess.
- Take your cake board and place it on the center of your cupcake. Then, grab the wire rack and the cake board and flip the entire thing. Transfer the cake board onto a turntable.
- Line the outside of the bottom half of the cupcake with light and dark brown Jelly Bellys. Make a straight line of about 4-5 dark brown, then right next to it a straight line of about 4-5 light brown. Keep alternating between each color.
- Hold the top half of your cupcake over the wire rack, baking sheet, and parchment paper. Pour ganache over the bottom of the cupcake so that it has an even coating. Then, place it on the wire rack. Pour ganache over the entire top of the cupcake.
- Slide an offset spatula under the cupcake. Then lift it up over the wire rack. Run a knife around the outside edge so that there is no ganache dripping down the sides. Then, place it neatly on the bottom half of the cupcake.
- Starting with your dark pink Jelly Bellys, create a snail shell effect swirl on the top half of your cupcake. Then, fill in the empty spaces with the light pink Jelly Bellys. Keep a spot open at the top for a candle!
- Smear ganache along the top of your cake board.
- Cover in Jelly Bellys! For this recipe specifically, I did a rainbow pattern.
- Place a candle on top of the cupcake.
Giant Jelly Bean cupcake? Yes please! 😋
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2hBzLOk
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips