Messy foods are fun. Admit it. There’s nothing like eating food that makes a mess. That’s why I love pinata recipes. You get to smash open a candy pinata and have candy everywhere! My Coke Bottle Pinata was a smash (no pun intended) to make, but today I’m bringing you a piñata so big that Homer Simpson himself would approve: this is my Giant Donut Smash Piñata!
I strongly recommend using a silicone mold for the giant recipe. It makes it much, much easier to peel the chocolate away from the mold. Enjoy, and smash away!
- Add ganache to white chocolate to try and make a light caramel color. Don’t add too much. You can easily add more, but you can’t take any out.
- Add ¼ of your light brown chocolate into each half of the mold. Use a spatula to scrape the chocolate up the sides and distribute evenly.
- Place the halves in a large silver bowl. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Once set, take out from the fridge. Then, add the rest of the light brown chocolate into each mold and create another coat. Leave a tiny bit to the side. Let the second coat set in the fridge.
- Add drops of pink food colouring to the rest of your white chocolate and mix well.
- Peel away the silicone mold from the donut.
- Smear some melted white chocolate onto a cake board. Place one half of the donut on top.
- Use a knife to carefully trim the edges of the donuts so that they are nice and neat.
- Fill the bottom half of the donut with candies.
- Use a spoon to drip melted chocolate around the bottom edge of the donut. Carefully place the top half of the donut on top.
- Use your finger to run along the edge where the two halves meet to smooth out the chocolate, and fill any gaps. Place the remaining chocolate in a snap seal bag, and use a pair of scissors to cut off a corner tip. Fill any gaps with the chocolate and smooth it out.
- Spoon melted pink chocolate over the top of the donut. Use a spoon to help the chocolate drip down the sides, and tap the cake board on the bench to level out the chocolate and create a dripping effect.
- Top with sprinkles.
Do-not take this giant donut away from me! 🍩
-For the printable recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2gOz6wb
What You’ll Need:
- 500g white chocolate
- 30g (approx) milk or dark chocolate or some brown candy colouring
- 250g additional white chocolate plus some pink candy colouring (or pink candy melts)
- Sprinkles – as many or as few as you like!
- Candy! Use a mix of larger candy pieces and small ones for a great ‘scatter’ effect when you smash your donut
- A snap seal bag
- A silicone donut mold
- A couple of bowls (I used these because my mould came out of the box a little ‘wonky’ and the bowl helped to stabilise it)
-Buy the My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook http://bit.ly/MCAbook
-Subscribe to my YouTube channel for 2 new videos each week! http://bit.ly/MyCupcakeAddiction
-Follow me on Facebook for short snappy sweet ideas daily! http://on.fb.me/1cOOpu6
-Share your sweets with me on Instagram http://bit.ly/134thON Use the #mycupcakeaddiction so I can see them & I’ll re-share some of my favorites!
-Sign up to our #SweetSquad for early access, exclusive offers and fun party planning tips